(Part 2) Chapter 12: Never Again.

As soon as I go under I push my feet to the bottom and push myself back up to the surface.

They all have dumb smiles aimed at me and I glare at them. I check my shirt quickly seeing that it's see-through. So glad I'm wearing a sports bra rather than some other revealing-ish bra.

"How's the water?" A asks with a chuckle in his voice.

"How did you end up in the pool?" Trever asks with a smile as they all stand at the edge.

"A butthead threw me in," I say glaring at Gray.

"You ever gonna get out?" Gray asks smirking at me.

I swim over to the side beside them all and none of them give me a hand as I climb out and stand up.

"You're not coming in the house like that," Leo says poking his head out the glass back door before going back in.

I roll my eyes at him. 

"How was the water?" A asks again with fake eagerness to know.

"Just fine for your information," I say crossing my arms over my chest.

I quickly whip my hair around my face, flinging water at them and making the hair go across my face.

"Really?" Willow asks wiping water from her face.

"Of course, anyone wants a hug?" I ask as I push all my messy hair back.

"I'm good," Alan says chuckling at me.

Leo comes out slightly and throws a towel at me and heads back in as it hits me in the face.

"Still worth it Beth?" L.J. asks.

I take the towel off my face and wrap it around me.

"Just seeing your faces react to that made it worth it," I say running out of breath at the end as my voice is gravelly and sore.

I should probably not take advantage of my voice, I don't want to lose it again. And with how sore and weak it's getting again it looks like that's where it's going. They all notice my shortness of breath and my voice goes weaker and look at me with puzzled looks rather than snarky ones.

"You good?" A asks with a smirk.

I nod my head with a small but genuine smile as I turn to him.

"Come on," Willow says signaling us to come inside as she goes to the door.

We all head in and go to my room. They all take every seat in my room as I quickly grab a t-shirt from my closet, along with a pair of basketball shorts and a hoodie and go to the bathroom. I quickly dry off and change before putting my hair into a messy bun at un-recorded speeds.

I head back to my room and push Willow over in the bay window so that we both sit squished on the small seat.

"So don't you have a date with that Jared guy tonight? Or is it loverboy?" Willow says wiggling her eyebrows.

I watch the guys shift a little, I know they obviously don't like him. Especially after last night.

"It's not a date!" I say loudly making my voice strain and become even raspier.

"So what are you gonna wear?" She continues but I see her look at the guys from the corner of her eye for their reaction.

"This and a pair of jeans," I say hoping I won't strain my voice too much.

I hear the guys all stifle a laugh.

"It's not a date!" I say looking to them.

They all continue to smile at me. I roll my eyes at them. It's not a date! We talked (sort of) about this!