8

Morgan's POV

I was waiting for Colby and it felt like it's been forever. It's been quite a few hours since Colby said he was going to take me out. There was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said messing around on my phone. The door opened and I saw my mom and I sat up. "Hey, mom." I said.

"Hey, sweetie. What are you all nicely dressed for?" She asked.

"Well, Colby said he was going to take me out tonight, but I guess he changed his mind." I said. She sat beside me.

"Have you tried to contact him?" She asked.

"I have, but no answer. I even asked Brennen if he's seen Colby and he hasn't." I said. She rubbed my arm.

"It'll be alright." She said.

"Look, I just want to be alone." I said. She nodded and left. I changed into my pajama's and I tied my hair in a messy bun and I decided to text Colby one more time.

Morgan: Hey, Colby. It's been longer than you said it has been. Let's just forget about the date tonight. Maybe it's for the best that nothing happens between us...

I sighed and locked my phone and walked down to the kitchen and saw my mom cooking.

"Need help?" I asked.

"No, it's fine. Jake and Brennen are going to be here soon." She said.

"Alright." I said. I walked out back and sat at the table just staring at the pool. My phone started ringing and I saw it was Colby. I answered putting my phone to my ear. "So now you decide to talk to me?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, Morgan. I got super caught up with drama in the house." He said.

"Colby, you all sing kumbaya in your backyard all the time. I don't want to hear the lies." I said.

"Morgan, I really want to do this date. I do." He said.

"What really happened, Colby?" I asked. He sighed.

"Sam and Kat had been fighting and he needed me." He said. I could tell he was lying.

"Save the lies for someone who has the time." I hung up and put my phone on the table and just sat back. The sliding door opened and I saw Jake and Brennen. "Hey, guys." I said.

"Hey, mom told us you were out here. You okay?" Brennen asked.

"Just fucking peachy." I said. My phone dinged and I saw it was an unknown number. I unlocked it and read the text to myself.

Unknown: I told you to stay away from Colby. He blew off your plans for the beach to come spend time with me and film a video and sleep together. Just in case you couldn't tell, it's Shea. Stay the hell away from Colby and I mean it.

With it was an attachment of them making out. I slammed my phone down on the table.

"Whoa, what's wrong?" Brennen asked. I slid my phone over to him to let him read the text message from Shea. I saw the look on his face going from lit to pissed within matter of seconds. Him and Jake both got up and walked into the house. I sighed knowing what they were gonna do. I grabbed my phone and texted Colby with the screenshot of what Shea said.

Morgan: So was it all a lie? You telling Shea you guys weren't together was a joke? I don't want any lies, I want the truth before Jake and Brennen go out there to beat the fuck out of you.

Colby: It wasn't a lie, it wasn't a joke. I don't know where she got that picture from because I never made out with her.

Morgan: You are seriously lying to me right now! I know you and her have made out before so don't lie to me.

Colby: Okay, fine. But this was nothing current. I did have a huge thing for Shea before but it all went downhill when her ex came into the picture. She just wants me back and she's pissed that I want to be with someone other than her. I blew off our plans because she did need me and I went over to see if everything was okay.

Morgan: I'm not believing ANYTHING you tell me at this moment. You have to earn my trust, Colby.

I called Brennen and he answered on like the second ring.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Turn off the kill search. He isn't worth it." I said.

"But he hurt you, M. I want to kick his ass." He said.

"B, he's your best friend. Don't do anything to jeopardize it." I said.

"Alright. We're turning around." He said.

"See you soon." I said and hung out. This pissed me off immensely. My mom walked out here and she sat beside me.

"Everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"You still going on that date tonight?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, that's off." I said and sighed and sat back.

"What happened, honey?" She asked.

"Colby was with that Shea girl. It's not worth talking about." I said. She nodded and left it at that. To be completely honest, I wanted to go to my room and cry my eyes out. Brennen and Jake walked over to us and sat with me. Mom went back inside.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go lay down." I said and got up and grabbed my phone and walked inside and into my room. I laid on my bed and cried into my pillow. This always happens and I hate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I don't update often and I am so sorry for it. Do you guys miss me updating?

Follow

Vote

Comment 🤪