Besides I couldn't really remember her damn face and I don't think I would want to.

"Rachel Santiago, she's like the hottest Pictoria Secret supermodel alive!" Susan squeaked over the phone and I couldn't be any less bored.

"Well isn't that great, my competition comes in a bikini and flawless body"

"She's hot, but I'm still rooting for you though. Even if you look like a troll compared to her."

I rolled my eyes at her statement and said, " Geez golly I can feel the love and support radiating through the phone. Gotta go Susan, it's getting dark and I need to rush home"

"Let me guess you're on your way to catch that kids show, whatever it's called"

"Excuse me, my evenings with my daily romance anime can't be interrupted.  That's the only thing keeping me sane as of now" gathering my things, I was grateful that the rich snob paid the bills and I walked out of the restaurant all stuffed up yet empty at the same time.

After a back and forth argument with Susan over the importance of Shojo , she hang up to go tend to the cake she was baking and I made way back home.

I mean I'm only 21, I'm definitely not childish if I binge on anime and fall in love with fictional men.

I quickly changed and got comfortable, 100% ready to whip my laptop open to some good old happy ending romantic plot.

Just then my phone rang and I cried out in frustration. 

As soon as I saw the caller ID I answered it quickly.

"Hello?" I hesitated at first but said after a few minutes of silence.

"Hello darling,  hope you're good" his voice sounded dejected and I felt guilt rush through me.

"Yeah.....I'm fine Nick. How have you been? We haven't spoken in quite a while"

"Yeah.....sorry I've been really busy. Speaking of which, I called to say goodbye. I'll be leaving for Canada in a few minutes. " my heart dropped into my stomach.

"Oh....wow....that's umm...that's great" I struggled to piece words together.

"Yeah...congrats on your wedding though. Be happy, okay darling"

"Can't you just stay?" I found myself blurting out all of a sudden.

"Wish I could but _"

"He's not breaking up with his girlfriend" I blurted out without thinking.

"Wait what?"

"Yeah.....we met today and that's what he said. He's still figuring things out but I doubt he's going to break up with her or anything."

Nicholas became silent on the phone and I was left to wonder if I did the right thing by telling him or not.

"I've got to to go darling, but I'll be back soon I promise. Just hang in there" He finally said and I sighed out audibly.

"Don't worry I'll be fine, take care of yourself " I told him and when we finally hang up a weird sense of guilt washed over me.

Brushing it off, I suddenly didn't feel like watching anime anymore. I shut down the laptop and headed straight to bed.

                                 ●

"Well if it isn't my favourite engaged nepo baby!"

I groaned and walked away from him without saying hello. I heard him chuckle behind me and I felt irritated to the bone.

Passing by my father's door, I wished I could barge right in and hit him over and over with my heel.