Staring at my final look in the mirror, I tried to muster as much courage I could find to walk out of that door.

Part of me was yelling " Call in sick and lie in that damn bed, see how comfy is?" And the other much more silent part " Girl, you better get your ass out of the door, you look too gorgeous to be at home"

Before I could decide on who to listen to, my door bell rang and I bit my nail nervously.

" it's now or never" I murmured, took a last look around especially the kitchen just to make sure I hadn't left anything on by mistake.

I opened the door and a handsome looking Nicholas stood before me.

His green orbs lit up as soon they landed on me and he couldn't hide a wide smile.

His tux was grey and his hair slicked back in a very professional yet sexy way. His cologne filled the air and I could smell a tint of vanilla.

"What?" I chuckled and stepped out to lock the door.

"You look great darling, honestly" He told me and I shyly clutched on my purse with my head facing away from him.

"Thanks, let's just go" I mumbled shyly and tried to make way down my front steps but he stopped me all of a sudden and handed me a pink rose.

"You know....which gentleman would I be if I didn't get you a rose or something......darn this turned out to be harder than I thought" He chuckled nervously and rubbed his neck.

"Thank you.....this is sweet" I took it from him slowly, still trying to process what was happening.

"Shall we?" He asked me and led me straight to a white SUV.

He opened the front door for me and made sure I was okay.

The ride was a but silent as we were both pretty much shy but I kind of enjoyed it.

We got to the hotel and sure enough it looked like some met gala entrance with reporters and some sort of paparazzi everywhere.

"What the......I didn't think it'd be this crowded" I blurted out as I stared a the crowd, my fingers nervously playing with the zipper of my purse.

"When my uncle organizes an event, you should know that it's definitely going to be huge. Don't worry though, I could stay with you all night if you want"

"That's very sweet Nick, but my dad's going to be there and I gotta follow him around like some shadow" I told him and he gave me an assuring smile.

He got out to help me out of the car and instantly I felt some cameras turn to face us.

The valet took the keys and the car sped off.

"You ready?" He asked me, giving me his hand.

"Do I have a choice?" I replied and gave him my hand.

With that we slowly walked up the stairs towards the entrance.

If it wasn't for his hand firmly holding mine, I was sure I'd have tripped and fallen face flat from all the blinding lights.

"Miss Ross, are you dating Mr Cole!"

"Miss Ross is it true that your father kept you locked in a basement all your life "

"Miss Ross ,is it true that your father embezzled funds and left your employees unpaid"

I was horrified to be honest, what happened to asking sweet questions and giving compliments?

Just before we could get up the long flight of stairs, I heard an uproar in the paparazzi once more and I slightly turned to see what was happening and I suddenly wished I hadn't done that.