Chapter 04: Change of Heart

Start from the beginning

An unusually disheveled Chaeyoung then went out of Jisoo's room, "does anyone know where Jisoo unnie stayed last night? She's not in her room."

"I have no idea," Jennie replied before taking a sip of the orange liquid. "What the heck is this?! This tastes so bad."

"I know, but it works like magic."

"Me neither." Lisa quipped in for Chaeng's benefit before shoving creamy scrambled eggs into her mouth.

As if right on cue, the purple-haired beauty finally graced them with her presence when she stumbled inside the penthouse, still wearing last night's clothes and her caramel brown eyes shielded by large Gucci sunglasses.

"Speak of the devil..." Chaeyoung announced.

"I just can't get a fucking break, can I?" Jisoo rolled her eyes upon seeing the four people staring at her from the dining room.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here. Where have you been, young lady?" The bride stood up and folded her arms in front of her.

"Let's just do this later, okay? I need to get out of this dreadful dress," she groaned before slipping inside her room.

"Later, girls. Have a meeting with the boss in thirty minutes." Hoseok said, looking at his watch. "Oh, and Jen, Yoongi hyung said he'll pick you up at seven tonight." Then, he left without another word.

"I totally forgot about your date with Yoongi later. Do you have something to wear already, unnie?" Chaeyoung asked; she had always been Blackpink's ultimate fashionista.

"For the last time, it's not a date Chaeng. And no, I don't have anything to wear yet."

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at Jennie's denial. "No worries, I got you fam," she said before scrunching her face up when she finally had a taste of the orange liquid. "This is the most disgusting drink I've ever tasted."

•••

The more Jennie saw Yoongi in person, the more he got attractive in her eyes. And the notion gravely unsettled her...

The two of them were seated in a small table at a quaint five-star restaurant in Gangnam.

During their dress shopping earlier, Chaeyoung found the perfect outfit for Jennie to wear. It was a flattering white Chanel sequined jacket which she wore as a dress and matched it with a glittery belt to accentuate her petite frame. She also wore her black pumps and decided to let her hair down for a more casual look.

"How did you know about this place?" Jennie was quite astonished at how beautiful and vintage the restaurant looked despite its small size.

"A good friend of mine owns this restaurant. Jin hyung sometimes helps in managing it."

"If you don't mind me asking, what kind of businesses does Bangtan operate, well, aside from your family business?" Aside from running an underground mob, the Min family also owned a real estate company.

"Our legitimate business ventures include casinos and nightclubs across the country and a few abroad." Jennie nodded but dropped the subject completely. She didn't want to know about the illegitimate ones just yet.

Done with her inspection of the restaurant's interior design, she noticed that they were the only customers in the vicinity.

"Did you close down the whole place tonight?" She looked at Yoongi who was busy scanning his menu.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Are we doing some kind of twenty questions right now?" He sighed before looking up to her. "This is the first time the two of us are out together in public and tomorrow's our wedding day. There is no immediate danger, but I still needed to take precautions."