Chapter 19: Emotions running high

The car ride seemed long and emotional for the doppelganger. Her thoughts continuously rushed to her boyfriend, the father of her child. She was only a couple hours away from Mystic Falls, yet it still felt like a century.

Elijah sat in the driver's seat, the pregnant brunette by his side. He was extremely upset by the thought of his brother dying, in order to save both, the baby and Elena. He constantly checked on her, yet, all he saw was her forehead resting on the window, her eyes red and swollen, her hands stabilizing her chin and the silent heartbeat that came from her stomach.

She often looked over at him, knowing that he was too, looking at her. She sent him a soft smile, attempting to seem strong, although they both knew she was heartbroken.

"He will be alright, Elena. I pro-" She cut him off before he was able to finish the sentence.

"I rather not listen to lies, Elijah. I know he isn't coming back. He said so himself." Her voice cracked after each sentence. The look on her eyes made his heart ache. Her eyes began forming larger tears.

"And now, this child will grow up without knowing its father. Without knowing why, he can't have a strong figure to look up to. Elijah, I don't have the one person that I thought would be with me throughout eternity." Her tears streamed down her face, the soft sobs left her mouth as she covered it with her hand. And with that, she turned her face to the window, not letting her tears get the best of her. She shut her eyes and let the darkness of sadness and sorrow, consume her.

She woke up to the silent plea of her name being called. She turned to see Elijah giving her a soft smile.

"I believe you may have wanted to be here, instead." She looked in front of her, exposing the cream-colored house, with a specific blonde haired female, standing with a smile so bright.

"Caroline." She smiled. She got out of the car and ran into the arms of her best friend, the scent of roses and vanilla rubbed onto the doppelganger's hair.

"Oh my! I've missed you so much, are you okay? Caroline pulled away and looked at the broken brunette that stood in front of her.

"Did Klaus hurt you?" Caroline asked, angry at the thought of the man.

Elena broke into tears when she heard the name, the name that meant so much to her. With that, Elijah left, Elena and Caroline walking into the house.

"What happened?" Caroline asked, reassuringly. They sat on the couch, Elena spilt everything about what happened, her feelings for both Mikaelson's, from the kisses, to the dinner's and the conversations.

"Klaus is the father of your baby?" Caroline said, surprised by the thought. Elena giggled and nodded.

"And I wouldn't want it any other way." Elena admitted, the soft smile left Elena's lips.

"Oh, Elena. He did it for you. He did it for you both. And I can assure you, I will make sure you're both in the best hands. I will be there for you, all the way." Caroline smiled, rubbing her hand on her best friend's arm, Elena looked up at Caroline – admiring her beautiful water-like eyes, reminding her of a particular hybrid.

New Orleans

Klaus stood in the middle of blooded bodies, and a heart in his hand. The sight of dozens of witches, laying on the ground, dead. He smirked at the sight. Davina emerged from a room above, worriedly and disgusted by what she had seen.

"Davina." Klaus said, dropping the bloodied heart and began walking towards her.

"Thank you for your help. I certainly wouldn't have been able to accomplish it without you." He smiled. Davina nodded. She walked down the stairs and toward him.

"Now this better be the last time I help you kill people." She smiled and walked out.

Klaus looked at the people around him and smiled, as if he was proud of what he saw. He then began to burn the bodies, leaving them to burn as he took a shower.

An hour ago

Klaus looked around, seeing the group of witches dressed in black around him.

"Three's a crowd, now this, this is a party." He smiled, the head witch ignored him.

"You made the right choice, Klaus. A thousand year old hybrid, finally coming to an end. He is dying for love. Something we all thought you were incapable of. You see Klaus.." She began, beginning to walk around him, smirking whilst she was doing so.

"We never did anything, to your baby or Elena. Her pregnancy seems to be a loop hole nature found. She fell pregnant because it was meant to be, not that we had anything to do with it." She smiled, Klaus clenched his jaw.

"We tricked you into sending your family away, in order so we can get to you, without having the whole Mikaelson squad charging after us. You were fooled by us. You are dying for no reason; you are a fool Klaus Mikaelson. You always will be." She smiled, she was now directly in front of the annoyed hybrid, his face showed it all. The anger, the frustration, the thought of betrayal. He knew what he had to do.

"You see, Elizabeth. I have a witch of my own. I am clearly aware of the circumstances, I just let her pull a couple of strings and now we're here. You see, Elizabeth. We could've been great companions, but you chose the wrong side." He smirked at the sight of the frightened witch.

"And now, you'll see." With that, Davina walked in, yelling a spell in Latin, the witches fell to the ground caressing their head. Klaus took advantage of it, thrusting his hand through the chest and grabbing their hearts and pulled it out.

Once Davina finished yelling her spell, Klaus walked toward Elizabeth and grabbed her heart, squeezing it as she gasped.

"Kl-klaus don't do th-is." Her voice was shaking, due to the circumstances also. Klaus smirked.

"Never get between a man and his family. Ever." Klaus said before pulling her heart out.

Present

Klaus walked down the stairs and put on his leather jacket, he placed his keys in his pocket, watching the fire bursting from the lounge room. He smiled at the sight.

"I'm coming for you Elena." He smiled, walking out of the house with a smile so bright.

He was going to get his girl.

--

Hey! Surpriseee! Did you really think I was going to kill off Klaus? Pftt as if. I hope you like this chapter.

Unfortunately, this book is coming to an end. I'm so upset : ( Please drop vote and comment what you think!

Love, Mya xx