Chapter 5: Confusion

|Elena|

I woke up to the sound of Rebekah yelling.

"Grow up!" I heard. I walked to the kitchen finding Elijah looking at Klaus, whilst he drank his bourbon.

"What was that about?" I asked, making Klaus and Elijah look at me.

"Nothing to worry about... Rebekah tends to have her... days." He said, smirking as he said the last part. I giggled, sending Klaus into defense mode.

"Enough with the flirting, brother. Save it for someone your age." Klaus said, smirking. Sarcasm dripping from his words. Klaus walked towards me and smiled, he walked out of the kitchen into his studio.

I looked at Elijah seeing that his eyes were fixed on mine.

"I would like to apologize on behalf of my sister." He said, making me realize that he was talking about earlier.

"Don't be. I sleep too much, anyway." I said. He chuckled.

Elijah walked towards Elena, sending goosebumps on her skin. His hand found her face, brushing his palm on her rosy cheeks. Her eyes motionless, continuing to stare into his. Their lips were only centimeters apart. Elena rested her hand on his chest, holding onto his suit jacket. They leaned in, as their lips met for the first time, Elena felt fireworks from the inside of her body. Sending her to make the kiss passionate. His hand wandered down to her hips, as hers to his chest. Their lips moved in rhythm with their bodies.

Elijah pulled away by the sound of someone knocking on the door. His hands still on her waist. He looked down on her, moving his hands. He walked to the door, Elena following. She was standing on the first step of the stairs, as Klaus walked to her, shielding her from what was behind the closed door.

|Klaus|

I was in my studio, listening to music from the 1900's. I began to paint on the new, blank canvas that was on the table. My thoughts suddenly rushed to Elena, when I began to paint eyes. Realizing that I was creating a portrait of Elena. The song ended, and there was a knock on the door. I walked out, seeing that Elijah had already found his way there, whilst Elena stood on the staircase.

Instincts told me to rip the door open, but I walked to Elena, protecting her. Knowing that whatever was behind the closed door, will be dangerous. Elijah looked at me for approval, I nodded. He opened the door, Elena gasped seeing the sight.

Kol was at the door, Damon's hand through his chest, gripping his heart.

"Where is my brother?" Damon asked. Elijah looked at me, confused.

"As much as you all are enjoying staring at each other, I would like a little help." Kol said, saying each word after a heavy breath.

"Stefan." Elena said, only a whisper. I turned to her as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"We need to find him." She insisted. As much as I'd like to disagree, I have a feeling that my mother is involved, so I agreed.

"We are not able to answer your question. But if you let my brother go, I can assure you that we will be able to help you find Stefan." Elijah compromised.

Damon let Kol go, leaving him to fall to the ground holding his wound, which later healed.

Damon walked into the house, staring at Elena, sadly. I walked down the stairs, walking into the living room. I sat on a two-seater couch, my brother sitting on the other two-seater across from me, and Damon on the single one beside us. Elena walked in a little while after, she seemed puzzled in where to sit. Elijah and I looked at her and she continued to look at us both. She walked towards Elijah, and sat beside him.

I was furious at the sight of the two. Why has she fallen for him? I was consumed by my thoughts. Recently, I have done nothing but protect her. Yet, Elijah still has her wrapped around his finger. My thoughts were  interrupted by my brother.

"Brother, are you okay?" Elijah asked, sending everyone to look at me.

"Perfectly fine. Continue on." I said, not taking my eyes off the two.

"Stefan went out to hunt this morning, and never returned." Damon said, looking at Elijah. My sister walked in and stopped at the door way.

"I know where Stefan is." She muttered. Her mouth was covered with blood. Her pants and shirt were too. I stood up and walked to the bourbon stacks behind me, pouring myself a drink.

"I went for a walk in the forest, when I heard Stefan and Esther talking." Rebekah said, I stared at her in confusion.

"I heard Stefan agree to help mother kill us all, if Elena was returned back to him with a fresh slate." Rebekah continued. My grip on the glass tightened, sending the glass to shatter.

"He wants mother to wipe Elena's memory, so they could start fresh." I said, walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Elena asked.

"To kill my mother." I replied.

It was six in the evening, when Klaus heard the news. Elijah convinced Klaus to wait until morning to kill their mother, for Elena's safety. Klaus agreed.

|Elena|

I was in my room, changing into my pajamas. I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth, when I saw Klaus brushing his. He spat out the water that was in his mouth, and walked to his bedroom. He has been ignoring me ever since I kissed Elijah. I don't think he knows. I walked after him and grabbed his hand, stopping him from entering his bedroom. My body was placed on his, our face only centimeters away.

His ocean-blue eyes stared into her chocolate-brown eyes. Her eyes moved to his lips, tempted to kiss him. They both leaned in, Elena closing her eyes in preparation for the kiss. Little did she know, that was what Klaus wanted. Her desire to kiss him. He placed a strand of her hair behind her ear, her skin adjusting to the feeling of his hand on her neck. He leaned into her ear whispering;

"Elijah isn't going to be happy with you." Her eyes opened and walked back.

"What do you mean he isn't going to be happy with me?" She asked him, crossing her arms.

"He wanted Tatia, he got her. He wanted Katherine, he got her. He wants you, I've got you." He said, smirking at her.

"You don't HAVE me, Klaus." She said, quite frustrated. He walked towards her, placing one hand on her lower back and his other on her face, tracing her jawline with his finger. He pecked her lips, slowly but roughly. He pulled back, kissing her cheek, leaving a trail down her neck to collar bone. Her hand wandered to his shirt, taking it off. A smirk arose on his face, knowing what was about to happen. He placed his hands on the back of her thighs, taking her onto the bathroom counter.

They began to make out, intensely, his hands wandered around her body, taking off all the clothes she was wearing. Leaving her in only a bra and panties. He pulled away from their intense kissing, nibbling on her ear. He whispered;

"I do have you, love." He said, he vamp-sped into his room, closing the door behind him. She was left, nearly naked, on the bathroom counter smiling at what had happened.

"Bastard." She muttered, laughing. Picking up her pajamas that were lying on the ground.

"She now knew it was possible to love two people at once – but they were never on the same level as each other... She knew who she loved more, but she was too afraid to say it out loud. Because if she did, she would lose the other person forever."

- Who do you think Elena has fallen for?