Chapter 7: The good is also evil

Elena's Pov

There was a cool breeze that sifted through my cheeks, my eyes fluttered open, bugs crawled in my hair as the grass prickled my arms. I looked to see the sky, which was barely visible as the trees hovered over me. I stood up to see myself alone in the woods, when I heard a tree branch snap.

"Well, THE lovely Elena Gilbert  got the Mikaelson's all twisted."

"Damon." I muttered, to see the sight of him with a bottle of bourbon was quiet scary.

"Damon, you're drunk." I said, taking steps back, as he slowly took steps toward me.

"What's wrong Elena? You don't have those psychotic, original vampires protecting you?" He said, smirking, as he took a sip of the bottle.

"Damon, we can sort this out. Just tell me what's wrong?" I said, trying to stall him. I knew that if I ran, he would catch me in an instance. I need to play the waiting game.

He threw his hands in the air, bourbon spilling on the grass.

"What's wrong?" He laughed sarcastically.

"Elena Gilbert, a Petrova doppelganger, who I happened to fall in love with... Didn't give me a chance because I was a psycho.. Yet, she goes ahead and falls for the two, eldest original brothers, who happen to be a lot more psychotic than I ever will... So please do tell Elena, why them?"

I knew from then, that he was simply hurt. He wasn't going to hurt me.

Elijah's Pov

The thought of someone laying their hands on Elena, made me sick with worry. Klaus and I were in the woods, searching for Elena. The silence between us two made it much more awkward. He was concentrated on finding her, the anger in his eyes were utterly more fearful.

"Klaus, I rather do I expl-" I was cut off.

"Please do not explain anything to me, brother. She is simply a girl, who I need for my ritual." He said, showing no emotion.

"We both know that, that Is a lie, Niklaus. You have fallen for her." I responded. He turned to me quickly.

"Don't you dare accuse me of such thing, Elijah... She is a Petrova doppelganger, she IS trouble." He said, smirking at me.

"Oh, you have turned into one liar, Niklaus... As much as you don't like admitting it, it's visible to see." I replied. Standing still, looking at my brother who was staring at me with a smirk, hiding the frustration in his eyes.

"Even if I did brother." He began, walking towards me.

"Even if I have fallen for Elena, she would simply choose you... You see, she loves the good brother's – the one's who wouldn't hurt a fly... So worry not, you have the girl." He said, through gritted teeth. His anger took over, and his eyes were full of rage. He suddenly turned away, beginning to walk.

"But we did have a rather hot session in the bathroom last night." A smirk rose upon his face, rage was the feeling overwhelming me, my blood boiled hot.

I sped in front of him, and slammed Klaus onto the ground, clenching his throat. He began to chuckle.

"You two can have as many 'hot sessions' in the bathroom as you want, but she will always run to me if we were both standing in the room." The look on his face turned from laughter, to anger. He used his strength to swap positions, him, now clenching my throat.

"Elena may have captured your heart, brother. But once she sees you at your worst, she will run back to me. The difference between you and I, brother, I am not afraid to be who I truly am. And that's who Elena has fallen for, the psychotic, killer hybrid. But with you, she's fallen for the psychotic, blood-thirsty vampire who hides his true self behind a red door." He let go of me, as he began to walk.