Chapter Sixteen

Alyssa

The sound of loud laughter and music had penetrated my ears, the drive home had started off rocky - but eventually pleasant.

I had been looking forward to going home, Noah held my hand as he opened the door for me. The pleasurable tingles soaring through my hand made me shiver, it was still unreal how much Noah had been my rock all these months. But I wouldn't have it any other way, he had also filled me in on the repercussions of Kelly's actions. I knew for a fact that my Mom would be fighting tooth and nail to see that girl behind bars, if not I was actually fearing for Kelly's life.

Noah leaned down and took the box from my hands as we entered, the music that was playing had grown louder. My eyes dragged along the small swarm of people in the living room, that would explain the cars parked out front. My heart began to pound as I searched for my Mom - the smiles and laughs made me feel warm. Though I did not know many of these people, I could see the small similarities they shared with Mom.

"Your Mom is in the kitchen, I'll put these upstairs." Noah whispered, dropping a kiss on my cheek as he sauntered off. The people who caught the small affectionate gesture gave me a knowing look - the blush on my cheeks only made things worse.

I squeezed past a few people as I walked toward the kitchen. Small 'hello's and how are you's' were sent my way. My leg hurt a little bit as I sat down, Mom was chatting loudly with a woman who looked like her - apart from the small wrinkles and frown lines.

Mom looked at me with a soft smile, gesturing to the woman next to her excitedly. I remained sitting for fear of crying out in pain, she gave me a quick hug and sat down with me. The woman smiled, her eyes held a fire just like my Mom's - I smiled in return as the two engaged into conversation once again.

"This is my daughter Alyssa, Ally this is your Aunt Mona. She's going to be staying for a couple of days." Mom introduced.

"Nice to meet you." I said politely, as a familiar warmth occupied the spot next to me.

She gave me a brief hug, smiling gently. "Nice to meet you too, your Mom has told me so much about you. Your even more beautiful in person!"

I only just caught the slight accent in her voice, I knew for sure that she wasn't american. But I didn't know my mother wasn't american either, as far as I'm concerned - I don't know much about her at all.

"Thank you." My head ducked down as Noah wrapped an arm over my chair, I managed to catch his soft chuckle in my ear. 

Aunt Mona clapped her hands excitedly before turning to Mom, her mouth moved a mile a minute - the language slipped past Mom's lips like second nature. In all my life I had never heard her utter such a beautiful language, my curiosity only grew as they glanced at me whilst chattering wildly. 

Noah grabbed my hand under the table, their voices grew inaudible to my ears. Almost as if it were only the two of us now, I squeezed his hand lightly once Mom had finished speaking and then proceeded to calling my name. 

"Sweetheart, why don't you and Noah go around the house and reacquaint with the family." Mom said, already pulling me out of my chair and pushing me toward the exit.

My legs quivered slightly, I gripped Noah's offered arm as we easily weaved through couple after couple. I had found out that day that I had nine Uncles, six Aunts and fourteen cousins. Noah had turned on his charm the entire way, I feared that I would collapse with exhaustion from so much social interaction.