Chapter Seven

Alyssa

I shook my head dismissively, the tears threatened to fall down my cheeks as my heart rate rose. I was terrified, absolutely terrified.

Noah was taking me to school.

As over dramatic as I was being, I had every right. I had no clue how he found out where I lived, still it was strange having visitors over. Considering he's pretty much consumed all of the bacon and croissants, he was like a machine. My eyes narrowed down at him, I was waiting for him to finish. Luckily mom was at work this morning so she wouldn't have to sweet talk him into staying for dinner, she always wanted people over especially if she found out he was my 'friend.'

"God I'm stuffed." He panted heavily, resting a hand on his stomach as he let out a small burp and a chuckle of approval.

I tapped my foot impatiently, glancing down at my watch every so often. I knew that we still had thirty minutes until school started, but I was so tempted to leave him here rather than take the risk of being late. "Well, shall we get going?" He smiled, pushing the hair on his forehead back.

I blinked back the tears, watching his face soften instantly. "Hey, hey what's wrong? Did I do something to make you sad? I'm sorry, please don't cry." He pleaded, stepping forward to wrap his arms around me.

I refrained from screaming out, instead I stepped back in frustration. I was such a cry baby. I shook my head in disagreement, not using my voice. My emotions were all over the place, I was still hung up on Calder leaving. But that thought only made me cry quietly even more.

"Please don't cry!" Noah said in panic, scrambling to grab something off of the counter. He pushed an uneaten croissant in my face. "I'm sorry." He said with a pout, though I was confused with why he would apologise.

"W-why?" I sniffed, taking the bread from him.

"Food makes everyone better!" He shrugged, watching me with amused eyes and a large smile. I wanted so badly to smile in return, though as quick as it came it disappeared.

Don't want to get fatter than you already are, do you?

I dropped the food instantly, looking at the clock with wide eyes. "Well, let's head to school! Shall we?" Noah winked, holding his arm out.

I didn't want to touch him, he might touch my flabby arm and become disgusted. So I ignored the gesture and pushed past him, opening the door in a rush. Wiping my face furiously though it wouldn't do much.

"Let's just go to school." I whispered to myself.

The ride there was filled with laughter from Noah's end mostly, I found it comforting to listen to his stories. To know so much about him that it was fulfilling to hear about his past, to know about him. Of course when we pulled up, I was once again filled with dread and fear. Perhaps it would be best to exit the car before him, that way people will be to distracted with bullying me that they won't see him get out of the same car.

Just as I was ready to, he grabbed a hold of my wrist. "We have honours class first right?"

Honors class?

"I'm n-not in honours class." I said with furrowed brows, fiddling with the sleeve on my cardigan.

"Yeah you are, I saw your name on the roll." He said, nudging my shoulder playfully. Like he thought I knew already, which was definitely not the case.