Or maybe she could take a trip to Mars, leaving this world behind that sucked so much, leaving all the people of it too. She knew she would just be fine and would not regret even a bit of it.

"What are you wearing?"A screeching Abigail said out of nowhere. Evelyn realized she was already in school, in front of her locker. Abigail was standing there with her hands on her hip.

Evelyn looked down at her outfit, then looked up at Abigail. Honestly, she couldn't care less.

"Why, is anything wrong?" She asked back not realizing.

"How many dresses did I buy you?" She asked again and Evelyn saw Abigail herself was wearing a yellow sundress.

Last night, after she was done talking with Cece, Noah came to her house with all those shopping bags she had left in his car. There were four extra bags of Forever 21 though Evelyn didn't buy anything from there. Later she got a text from Abigail saying those were hers. As if, Evelyn wanted dresses.

"I told you I don't wear a dress." She felt bored and opened her locker.

"Four, I bought you four dresses, and yet you can't even wear one for me. You didn't like bright colors so I bought white, pale orange, blue and green. But here I have to see you another day in these," Abigail whimpered. Evelyn shrugged.

"Do you have a mission to scare the boys away?" Abigail asked and Evelyn scrunched up her nose.

"Yes, always. I try to look as less girly as possible not to attract a certain species of homo sapiens, that is the males." Evelyn joked. It wasn't true anyway. She wore whatever she felt like wearing. She had shits to go through and appearance was not the thing that came often to her mind.

"Hey," a male specimen was standing beside them. Evelyn turned and looked at Mason.

"What's up?" He asked Abigail who was still glaring at Evelyn.

"Just look at Evelyn." She said.

"Yes?" He looked at her and then back at Abigail.

"Do you think she looks right?" Abigail asked back.

Mason narrowed his eyes. He looked back at Evelyn, did a quick eye over her head to toe, and looked back at Abigail, "Evelyn looks like Evelyn."

Evelyn looked at Abigail. "Yes, I know. I bought her four dresses and yet she won't wear even one. Tell me, don't you think she will look fantastic in dresses?" Abigail looked at Mason and gave him her best puppy eyes. Evelyn crossed her arms over her chest and looked at Mason while waiting for his answers.

He looked at Evelyn, then he gulped. Looking away, he scratched the back of his head, "I have classes to go." He said and tried to walk away but Abigail took a hold of his jacket.

"I asked you something."

Evelyn kept tapping her foot as she waited for him to say something.

"Well," he looked at Evelyn then back at Abigail, " Why are you forcing her? She can wear whatever she wants. It's her choice. She is nice the way she is. I don't really think she needs to change anything about it." He said looking away at the corridor while fiddling with his backpack's strap.

Evelyn stood there, jaw dropped.

Is Mason Stewart nervous?

"You-" she said and couldn't quite finish the sentence. She was waiting for him to say something jerk-ish or maybe something else. But she didn't see those words coming for him.

"You have lost brain cells," Abigail concluded. "You haven't even looked at her properly."

"I really have to go." He said and walked two steps. Then as if he remembered something he turned and came back. Looking at Abigail he said, "Maybe she can try to comb her hair."