"Do you have any idea how hard it was for me? Do you? Leaving the place I grew up in, the people I grew up around, my friends, my school, my everything." More tears left her as she spoke and she couldn't help it.

"Do you have any idea how I felt when you said we have to move again after I was almost settled in Ohio? I had made new friends. I was happy with everything. But we had to move just because you felt like it. I had two options, my school, and friends or you, and I chose you." Evelyn wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"And do you even know what I go through every day? Have you ever asked me how am I doing? Have you asked me if I was alright?" She was shaking in the emotions.

"You never did, dad. You never did. Now don't give me shits by telling me you care about me." Evelyn said and left.

"Is this all because I insulted the boy?" He said sitting in the same position he was before.

Evelyn stopped at the stairs and gasped, not quite believing her luck."Wow." She muttered to herself.

Wasting no time she made it to her room and slammed the door shut. Collapsing down on the floor she let out the tears she was holding. Sobbing, she got her phone out and called.

Cecily picked after two rings.

"Hello," She said.

"I have loads to tell you. Don't you dare fall asleep," Evelyn threatened with her voice cracking.

"I am all ears, babe." This is all Evelyn needed to hear. She started blurting.

• • •

The only thought Evelyn woke up with was how did she end up like this. She wanted to be someone else. She wanted to be born on a different planet, maybe a different galaxy, if possible, a different universe.

She didn't want the life she was living.

She took a look at her tattoo and smiled sadly at herself.

Oh, what a miserable damsel I am.

She quickly got up from her bed with a banging headache. Her head felt heavier and it felt as if someone was hammering in her brain. She was up all night and now the body was taking a toll of it. She couldn't sleep no matter how hard she tried. She looked at herself in the mirror, there was a faint dark line under her eyes, her hair was in knots.

Oh great. I look like a princess.

Brushing her teeth, she threw on an oversized t-shirt, a pair of loose jeans and smoothed out her hair with her fingers. Twisting them up, she got them into a ponytail.

Opening her door, she took a look outside. She made it down to the living room and thankfully Dad wasn't around. He was the last person on earth Evelyn wanted to see. She was guilty about the way she reacted and shouted at him but she couldn't help it.

She loved her dad and when he came back to get Evelyn in New York after granny died, she was more than happy. She finally believed she wasn't an orphan. She didn't think twice before moving out holding her dad's hand. Dad was the only family she had. It was where she belonged.

A sigh escaped her throat and she walked out of the house.

Some days were really hard to go through. Those days, Evelyn knew nothing could help her, not a single thing in the universe could make her happy. She would keep asking herself what was the point of fighting, what was the point of doing all of this. She would not like to read books, she would not like to go to school, she would not like to see anyone's face, she would not like doing anything, She would like to shut her brain off. She just wanted to dig a hole, crawl into it and never come out.