Jennie x Kai (Exo)

Isn't it sad that Jennie's love towards Kai has always been one sided? Here we have Jennie that sees Kai as her bestfriend, her confidante and the one that Jennie always had feelings for. But to Kai, Jennie is just his bestfriend who is always there for him no matter what, who listens to his every problems. Everyone around them knew how Jennie felt for Kai except for himself. Those times when Kai would rant to Jennie about his girlfriends and Jennie would listen to his every words and offer advices even when it broke her heart. Because Jennie knew, no matter what, Kai will never see her as something more than a bestfriend and Jennie learnt to accept that.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kai was at Chanyeol's house after his break up with Krystal. He would have called Jennie but she was out on a date with Sehun that Kai had planned.

"So you and Krystal called it off again?" Chanyeol asked Kai.

"Yeah, I guess its for good now. I don't think Krystal and I are compatible." Kai replied.

"Thats what you said last time, Kai-ah. You said you broke with her for good last time too and then rant to Jennie all night. Poor girl had to listen to your problems every single time." Chanyeol continued.

"Jennie is my bestfriend. She wouldn't mind listening to me. She's not even complaining, so why are you so worried about it?" Kai whined.

"Bestfriend? Thats all you see her as when she was there since day 1? She was there for you when you fought with your parents over your ex, and she was there when you got punched in the face over your another ex. She has always been there but you failed to see it huh?" Chanyeol raised his voice abit. However Kai don't seem to get it.

"Why can't you see that Jennie always has feelings for you? Why can't you see that every time you compliment her, she would blush? Why can't you see that every time you talked to her about your exes, she looked so sad? And sad not because you didn't noticed her feelings for you but upset because you were unhappy. Everyone can see it, except you. Every time you're upset, she's upset. And every time you're happy, she's happy as well. She really cared about you but you were blinded by all your no use exes that just leave you when things didn't work out." Chanyeol frustratedly said.

Kai was silent. He was dumbfounded. He didn't realised how much Jennie loved and cared for him. He was too caught up with his failed relationships that he failed to see who was really there for him. How unhappy Jennie must have felt when he always run up to her and happily talked about his girlfriends. But not once did Jennie ever show her unhappiness.

Kai suddenly recalled that one line Jennie said to him when he told her about what Krystal did for him and how happy he was.

"Kai-ah, if you're happy, then I'm happy too. For you." Kai noticed there were tears in her eyes but just assumed she was happy for him too. Thats when he realised he messed up.

"Hyung, i'm so stupid right? I was too busy looking for stars but failed to see a gem right in front of me." Kai cried.

"Its not too late Kai-ah. You can still fix everything. Just go after her. I'm sure she will welcome you, just like she always do." Chanyeol encouraged Kai.

Kai nodded and just as he was about to take out his phone and call Jennie, his phone rung. He looked at it and saw it was Sehun and picked it up.

Before Kai could even speak, he heard Sehun said words that made him regret every single thing he did to himself and to Jennie.

"Kai, both me and Jennie got into an accident.." Sehun said weakly.

There was a pause and the next few words made Kai collapsed to the floor.

"..and Jennie, she didn't make it. I'm really sorry."