Explosive Yearning (Green; Pokemon)

Start from the beginning

"No." (Name) shivered at the cold tone he used, goosebumps rising on her skin as his arms tightened around her, much to her chagrin. She forced out a groan, "Green, I swear to Arceus, if you don't let go of me, I'll―"

"Are you an idiot?" (Name) met his furious gaze with a scowl. What stopped her was his laugh, mirthless and hollow as if something inside him died. She swallowed down a lump in her throat and spoke again, "Seriously, let go of me. Green, please."

"No," Green blurted out. (Name) could feel him trembling―she didn't know if it was from either rage or sorrow―as he dug his head in her hair and crushed her closer to him, as if she would disappear if he ever relaxed his grip. She probably would if she had enough time, but apparently, Green won't be taking any chances. (Name) held her breath; she could feel the touch of his hands, his warm breath on her neck, his nose brushing her cheek, and his quivering lips on her jaw. This was the closest contact she had with him and she felt herself nearing hyperventilation at the fact.

"Do you know how crushed I was when I saw the letter?" Green let out another laugh, choked with tears. "Do you know how long I flew around Kanto to find you, for any clues on where you went? Because I was so damn scared that you left me without a reason, that you'd willingly drop everything to move as far away from me as possible and I sure as hell can't accept that." Green shuddered. This was the most vulnerable (Name) had seen him and she was terrified that she was the cause, that she was the one who made him feel this way and it was horrible.

"Arceus, I can't remember a time where I slept through a whole night without dreaming about you―running away, fading, falling, dying―any other consequence that led to losing you."

(Name), ensnared by his words, jumped when she felt something trickle down her cheek to her collarbone. Another followed, then another, until she realized with a start: Green Oak was crying. She didn't know what to say; another lump clogged her throat as she was left to listen to Green, heartbroken and angry.

"Damn it, (Name), I had to hold myself from tearing down every building in sight, upturning every town I went to, beating the daylights out of anyone I saw, and burning down the entire world to ashes just so I could find you! I would go through hell and back if it meant I could be with you again!" He took another shuddering breath. She could feel his long lashes as he closed his eyes and hugged her closer if possible. Her breath was long since knocked out of her, but she kept silent and unresponsive.

"Seven years," he breathed, the energy sapped out of his voice. "Seven years since you disappeared. Seven years since I searched for you. Seven years since we last talked, shared laughs, and trained together. Seven years since we saw each other, and all you could say was hi ?"

Shaking and choking, (Name) slid one of her hands around his shoulders and burrowed her face in the crook of his neck. "I'm sorry," she said. "I know my apology won't make up for the time I was gone. I know it won't make up for the years I've put you through, the grief and misery I caused you. I was an idiot, a coward, someone who doesn't deserve you, not now, not ever. IfI could turn back time, I'd stay instead of hurting you. I know I shouldn't have left and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

"You should be," Green grumbled, his hands curled around the fabric of her shirt and wrinkling it in the process, but neither of them cared. He lifted his head out of her hair and continued, "You're an idiot for leaving, but that doesn't mean you don't deserve me. Arceus, I don't deserve you. You put up with everything I did, the little shit I was back then. You stuck with me through the entirety of our journey until that day. I won't exchange you for the world, never.

"I just want you with me. That's all I ever wanted," Green sighed and placed a hand on (Name)'s head, pushing it further between his neck and shoulder. (Name) whined at the affection in his voice and weakly hit his chest with a fist.

"Don't guilt trip me into this, Green. I'm going to make up for everything in the past seven years."

His chest rumbled as a chuckle rose out of his lips. He laid his cheek on her head as he pulled her closer to him, taking in her scent and her warmth and her touch and everything he loved about her—stillloves about her. It was intoxicating and relaxing at the same time, and he didn't realize how much he missed it until now. He underestimated the impact of her absence and now he was looking forward to be with her for most of his days again.

"You have a lifetime to make it up to me and I'll be holding on to that."

**

Holy cow I went crazy with this one. 2187 words is a new record, unless I never bothered to count the words in my other stories. The first few parts up until the description of the clearing was done two days ago and I left it at that until tonight. It's currently nearing midnight in my time and it's crazy how I typed all of this up as I went along.

I really enjoyed making this, even if Green was a bit.... out of his usual composure. I admit, I felt that I could've done better, but it was done and I have no idea how to put him back on track without changing a chunk of this oneshot lol.

I apologize for any spelling and grammar errors. It's been a while since I wrote a story again, and this was an overwhelming piece to return with.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the oneshot~

Drafted: April 29, 2018

Published: May 1, 2018