I remembered how my birth parents were burnt infront of me and I could feel that pain, that helplessness I felt at that moment and the urge to burn her increased and.... and..

"Stop this madness right now Kayla!" I heard her voice, Betty's voice. There was no way I could have mistaken that. I felt something cold passing on my cheeks, was it tears?

I turned to the side where I heard the voice to see her standing there with Luke and Kyle in each of her sides. They were all looking at me in disbelief or so, I couldn't tell exactly. But they knew, all that long they knew, the look on their faces said it all, they weren't surprised at what I was at all. Did Britney tell them that I was a witch and that's why they no longer wanted to be involved with me? With this freak? This monster?

"Kayla calm down, you are hurting her. Let her go!" Luke told me. "This isn't you Kayla, you are not a kind of a person to hurt others, let her go."

"Then what kind of a person am I? The one to be hurt by others?" I asked him in disbelief.

"That's not what he meant," Betty said.

"Oh.. so now you are even defending each others," I scoffed.

"Kayla, listen to me. You know I never lie, it's not what you think, you were mistaken. We will explain everything if you let her go. Please let her go," Kyle told me with the most begging look I have ever seen.

I let her go then, I stopped it. Sherry ran to me and hugged me. Luke, Betty and Kyle all ran to Britney to look at her. She wasn't burnt, I knew that much. The ring was very close but not close enough to burn her. Her face and clothes were covered in smoke and some part of her clothes burnt a little but that was all. She was coughing a lot and I could see she was in disbelief with what happened, she never thought I could actually really try to burn her. Well I wasn't.

* * * * *

We were currently in my car but Kyle was the one driving us home. Sherry and I sat in the back seat. Luke offered to drive us home but I refused and insisted that I would drive myself, Kyle offered instead or more like he declared that he would drive us. He knew that I was most uncomfortable with Luke and Betty, not him. Luke had to send Britney and Betty home instead. We didn't talk at all after our little fire incident, I just declared that we should all meet tomorrow. I had enough in that day which they all agreed and then we all left.

"How did you know what was going on? How did you all three know to come?" Sherry asked Kyle.

"Ah about that, we were together at Betty's today and Luke happened to saw the text I sent to Britney. He demanded I tell him what it is for so I told him, Betty heard and told us you already finished your play project last week and that it was a lie. So we knew something was fishy and then we decided to come and check," Kyle explained.

"Oh...I am sorry I used you," Sherry told him.

"No, it's no big deal. I would have done the same if I were you," he assured her.

We then went back to the dead silence we had before. After a while which felt like a year we reached our house. I thanked Kyle and got out as fast as I could. I ran to my room and locked the door, I wanted to be alone. After a while I heard Sherry trying to knock and I immediately felt bad for running like that and lock the door. She must have been worried and it was not fair to her, she had been beside me all that time. With that thought I ran to the door and opened it, I hugged her. She was taken a back by my sudden change of mood but she hugged me back.

"I'm sorry for being selfish and thank you for always being here," I told her.

"What do you mean selfish, you are the most unselfish person I know," she argued.