Has he been watching you? It's the only way he could've noticed.

But then again it's glaringly obvious you have no friends, literally anyone could notice at a first glance. It doesn't take 2 years of observations and a doctorate to figure it out.

You pulled your knees up to your chest and sighed, "I don't know. That's just how it's always been, I actually kinda like it to be honest. But don't get me wrong, I did try to make friends at first but they all ended up to be fake, or Taehyung obsessed humans who just wanted someone to fangirl with."

"Well I'm sorry for you."

"Don't be, like I said. I like it." You smiled at him.

You stayed on the roof with Taehyung, continuing your conversation. And it felt nice, Taehyung and you discussed a lot of things, which you both agreed on almost every topic you talked about.

The both of you had some laughs, you really enjoyed it because you didn't have any friends. And he made you feel like you did. And he was that friend to you.

Taehyung was really chill when he was by himself, and you liked that.

You felt like you were up there with him for hours, really. And it was true. You and Taehyung missed the whole day of classes you had.

"Oh snap the day's over!"

"Really? It is?"

"Yup," he said surely.

You both stared at each other for a moment, then began laughing your butts off at the situation you guys were in.

The the door swung open, you jumped away from Taehyung in fright. Praying that it wasn't Taehyungs fans that finally managed to find him.

"You two, the giggily bunch. Come with me."

It was an administrator.

Taehyung got up then stretched his hand out to you to help pull you up, since you were sitting on the floor of the roof. You took his hand and mindlessly kept it there as you were walking through the halls, behind the administrator, following her to the principal's office.

You didn't realize you were breaking the rule. 'Touching taehyung was like a crime.'

A crime you had just committed in front of the whole school.

You were absolutely confused as to why people were staring at you. And Taehyung was wondering the same thing. He looked at you, his face showing his confusion. You cocked one eyebrow and shrugged your shoulders in response.

The multiple eyes looking your way made you so uncomfortable, you couldn't help but wonder 'how does Taehyung do it?' You've never had anyone at the school talk or even look at you ever since you stopped trying to make friends, and you liked being un noticed.

You hung your head, keeping your eyes down, wondering why it's taking so long to get to the office.

And that's when you saw it, your small hand enveloped by Taehyung's beautiful, bigger hand. Slightly swinging back and forth in between you and him.

You slightly tugged on his hand to get this attention, and when he was looking your way you whispered to him, "it's our hands."

He smirked, "So? Let them watch."

You had accomplished, within a few hours, getting closer to Taehyung and even touching him. When girls who were chasing him since middle school only made it as far as breathing the same air as him.

This enraged them.

You really wanted to tell Taehyung, 'no, we should stop.' Or 'that's enough' or maybe, 'stop they're gonna get mad at me.' But you didn't, Kim Taehyung decided he wanted to be your friend. Who were you to stop him, right? Besides, as your friend, you didn't mind him holding your hand. So you let him continue. You even tugged on his hand again just to smile at him. And when he returned your smile, he decided to lace his fingers between yours, you were shocked and hung your head once again. You were blushing profusely. He noticed and chuckled.

Taehyung actually wanted to throw his arm around you, but he figured that would be too much. He wanted to tease you, not kill you.

////

"Okay Mr. Kim, Miss Y/L/N." What were you doing, ditching basically all your classes. It's the end of the day and the school's about to dismiss its students!"

Taehyung started. "Mr. Bunkle, we're sor-"

That's when you intervened.

"Sorry? No no no. Our teacher basically abandoned us. Seriously, who takes a piss that long?"

Taehyung, tried to stop his laugh and he succeed so he just smiled instead.

"Miss Y/L/N. You're testing my patients."

"I'm sorry sir." Your principal is already mad at you, you should tone it down a bit, no?

"Now, back to you Mr. Kim. Did you know the type off chaos that occurred due to your absence? Hm?"

"No sir." You could hear the annoyance in Taehyung's tone.

"There were mobs of girls screaming, searching the whole school for you."

"So why aren't they in here being
scolded instead of us?"

'Good question Taehyung' , you thought.

"Because you're the cause of it all!"

This is where you snapped.

"UNMM. With all due respect sir. Taehyung never asked for this. Those girls chose to make him their obsession, he didn't come to school with intentions of making what's happening now, happen. So you might actually want to get the group of girls you mentioned, that we're parading the school searching for Taehyung. I guess they missed all of their classes too right?" Here you go defending the boy you've despised for years, and just got to know today.

"Okay but I still can't ignore the fact the he ditched classes with you."

"But sir we didn't ditch." Taehyung added in, you looked at him in confusion since you both did actually skip. But you played along.

"Yeah, we were..." he continued.

"HIDING," you picked up for him

"Yes hiding from those crazy girls."

The principal bought it and told you and Taehyung that he'd conference with them tomorrow. He let you go with a warning. He said if they bother you guys again you should come to him.

You and taehyung walked out of school together. Taehyung started walking towards his car. And you walked him to it.

"Well, today was... fun?"

"Yeah it was," he flashed you a boxy grin. It made you laugh,

"I'll see you around I guess."

"Yeah, see you around."

He was about to get into his car when he suddenly turned around and said, "wait your number" he approached you with his phone at hand. You pulled out your phone as well, you and Taehyung swapped numbers.

He saved his name in your phone as 'Boxy Tae🤪🖤'

And you saved your name
In his phone as 'Clever Y/N🤯😳'.

Once you got your phones back from each other, you both started laughing.

"Bye 'boxy Tae'"

"See yah, 'clever Y/N'"

He drove off and you walked home. Your house was just a couple sidewalks down from school so you didn't mind walking, and the weather was perfect.

You clutched your phone tightly to your chest. And smiled thinking about

your new friend and, potential, best friend, Kim Taehyung.
<>