A new dawn

After defeating Voldemort, Harry began to look for his aunt. He had not found her with the dead, which gave him hope. Harry had asked everyone he could think of that knew Jenny, but no one had seen her.
So Harry began looking all over Hogwarts, using his ring as a hot and cold device, to help him find her. It always warmed up when he got near her, but its effects seemed much stronger right then. Almost as if something else was giving it power. Willing him to find is aunt.

Eventually he came across a corridor, mostly covered in rubble, and he saw his aunts wand lying on the floor. He looked around but he couldn't see her. When he noticed the hole in ceiling, he raised his hand and the ring got warmer.
Harry picked up Jenny's wand and began running up the nearest staircase to get to the floor above. He entered the corridor and saw his aunt lying the floor, in a pool of her own blood. And she wasn't moving.
"Jenny!" Shouted Harry, as he ran towards her. He was terrified that he was going to lose her as well, and she was the only family he had left. Harry couldn't let that happen.
Jenny's eyes flicked open, and Harry called her name again.
"Jenny. Jenny, wake up. Please don't be dead".

Jenny smiled as Harry approached and bent down beside her. He pushed his hand against her wound, trying to hold the blood in.
Harry winced as he looked at her broken legs, they were way beyond his knowlege of healing. He needed help.
"Harry..." mumbled Jenny, causing blood to run out her mouth.
"Shhh. Don't speak. You're going to be fine" interupted Harry.
Jenny picked Harry's hand off her wound, and kissed his hand tenderly. Her eyes started to flicker, and eventually they closed once more.

"No!" Yelled Harry.
He rested his fingers on her neck, and was relieved to find her pulse. She was still alive.
Harry summoned a stretcher with his wand and rolled Jenny onto it. He then instructed it to follow him, as he ran through Hogwarts and back to the Great Hall.
Harry entered the room and made his way over to Madam Pomfrey, who was in conversation with Professor McGonagall.
"Please, I need help. It's Jenny" begged Harry.
He waved his wand, and the stretcher lowered itself onto the ground.
"Oh no. Miss Potter" said McGonagall as she looked at Jenny's broken body.

Madam Pomfrey started work immediately. She lifted up Jenny's top, to look at the gaping wound. The nurse then began applying different ointments, before picking up her wand and closing the hole.
The wound was no longer open and bleeding, but a large red scar still remained, and the surrounding area was still rather swollen. As she began to wrap a bandage around her stomach, Jenny moaned, but stayed unconcious.

Madam Pomfrey then began to heal Jenny's broken bones in her legs, using her wand.
"Is she going to be O.K?" Harry asked.
"Of course Mr Potter. She will need to go to St Mungos though, as I have run out of blood replenishing potion. But she will be fine. Physical damage is very easy to heal with magic. Damage done by curses and spells is harder to heal. She is just going to be rather weak, for a day or two" replied Madam Pomfrey.
Harry nodded, and he noticed that his ring wasn't cold, signalling that Jenny was in no real danger.
He squeezed her hand, and she squeezed back. Jenny's eyes flicked open and she smiled when she saw Harry holding tight onto her hand.
"Alright Little Stag?" She asked.
Harry bent down and hugged her tight.

"Alright, alright, steady on. Not so tight, I did nearly die a minute ago you know" continued Jenny.
Harry sat up and wiped away a tear from his eye.
"Sorry. I just... I mean I... I thought you were going to die" mumbled Harry.
Jenny stroked Harry's face. "Did you think a great warrior like me was going to be defeated by a piece of wood?".
"Course not. Oh that reminds me" replied Harry as he handed Jenny back her wand.

"Thanks Harry. I must have lost it when I got thrown in the air... I take it you beat him, in the end?" Jenny questioned.
"Yes. He is dead" revealed Harry.
"Good, well done Harry... And Bellatrix?"
"Also dead. Molly Weasley killed her"
"Good old Molly. What about Dolohov?"
"Flitwick killed him"
"Shame, I wanted to do it myself. But I guess I wasn't a skilled enough witch to take him down"
"You are the best witch I know. Other than Hermiome of course".

Jenny laughed.
"Well, Hermione is the brightest witch of her age".
Harry smiled. "She sure is".
Harry smile dissappeared and he began to look awkward.
"What is it?" Jenny questioned.
"Jenny. I don't know how to say this. But Lupin..." replied Harry.
"Stop Harry. You don't need to say anymore. I know. I saw it happen. But even if I hadn't seen it, I would still know" she interupted.
"How?"
"When I was in St Mungos, Remus was the only one to visit. He came every week for 14 years. The only thing that would keep Remus from my sick bed right now, would be death".

Jenny grabbed hold of Harry's arm, and began trying to pull herself up into a sitting position.
"Careful" ordered Madam Pomfrey.
"Yes ma'am" replied Jenny sarcastically.
Madam Pomfrey rolled her eyes and stood up to go and care for another patient.
Jenny looked around at the survivers in the Great Hall and smiled. Despite their losses, the people were smiling.
Voldemort was dead, everyone was safe, and a new world had begun.

Jenny pointed her wand at a fallen stick and transfigured it into a walking stick.
"Help me up Harry" said Jenny.
"You should rest. And you really do need to go to St Mungos to get checked out" replied Harry.
"I can do that later. Your Matron has patched me up just fine. There are things to do right now, we've got a school to fix afterall".
Harry sighed and began helping Jenny up off the floor, while she put most of her weight onto the walking stick.
She looked over to where the Weasleys were sitting, and saw Charlie staring back at her.
Jenny took a deep breath and began to hobble over to him.
"Need a hand?" Asked Harry.
"No. I think I've got it" replied Jenny.
"Where are you going?"
"I have a promise to keep Harry, and a very important question to answer".