Cursed

The first official trip to Hogsmede took place in the middle of October, on a very cold snowy day. Jenny had sent Harry an owl, telling him that she would meet him in The Three Broomsticks. And that he could bring Ron and Hermione if he wanted to.
The trip hadn't been very fun so far, as Zonko's joke shop was closed, and the town had a very depressing feel to it. Harry's mood hadn't improved, when he bumped into Mundungus Fletcher. He had been trying to sell some old possessions of Sirius's, that now belonged to Harry.
"Are you sure if safe for us to be around your aunt Harry? Last time you saw her, you said that she nearly killed a man in broad daylight" said Hermione nervously.
"She isn't going to hurt us Hermione. She attacked a Death Eater in self defense, and pushed me out the way, so that I wouldn't get hurt" replied Harry defensively.
"I know. I was just checking" said Hermione quickly.

They found Jenny sitting at the back of the pub, at the same table she had been the last time she saw Harry.
"Hi guys. I ordered you all a butterbeer, I hope that's O.K" said Jenny, gesturing to the drinks on the table.
Harry sat next to his aunt, and opposite Hermione, who had refused to sit too close to his Jenny.
"I'm glad you came Harry" continued Jenny.
"Me too. I just wish the weather had been more pleasant" Harry replied.
Jenny smiled.
"Yes, it is a bit ghastly at the moment. I wanted to apologise for my behaviour the last time we were here. I hadn't had much sleep and I was pretty stressed, so I'm sorry if I scared you".

"You didn't scare me. I was more worried about you than me. I didn't want you getting hurt, or in trouble" admitted Harry.
"That's kind of you. Oh that reminds me, I did a favour for you by the way. I convinced Arthur Weasley to do another check of the Malfoy Manor, like you recommended. But he didn't find anything illegal there I'm afraid" revealed Jenny.
"Yeah, I saw it in the paper. It was worth a try though"
"It was. But I will just have to find another way to get close to the Malfoy's, and find out what they are really up to"
"Good luck with that".

Harry took a sip of his drink, which was cold, but he had worked up quite a thurst. Walking all the way there from Hogwarts
"I have a question about the Death Eater you attacked, last time we were here".
"What about him?" Questioned Jenny.
"Well, his arrest wasn't in the paper. But Stan Shunpike's arrest was. How come?"
"The truth is a bit embarressing you see. The ministry lost Jugson, he managed to escape, before getting sent to Azkaban. And they didn't want everyone knowing that they caught a bad guy and then lost him".

Harry swore loudly.
"That's stupid. They lose a real Death Eater and then arrest Stan, who obviously isn't one".
"I know Harry. But I don't work at the ministry, so who they arrest isn't up to me" Jenny admitted.
"I'm not angry with you. I'm just angry"
"Fair enough"
"We bumped into Mundungus outside, and found him selling Sirius's stuff. I tried to get hold of him, and bring him to you, but he disapparated"
"What! How dare he. He won't get away with this Harry. I'll find a way to pay him back".
Hermione gasped, and choked on her butterbear, before sitting back in her chair, to get further away from Jenny.
"Nothing deadly I swear. I'll just play a few harmless jokes on him, to see how he likes it" continued Jenny.
"He deserves it" replied Harry.

Jenny nodded and looked out the window.
"It's getting dark. You should start making your way back. But before you do, I need to apologise once again. I know we talked about having Christmas together at the Potter Manor. But with my current work load, that isn't going to be possible. You will have to stay at the Weasley's this year" Jenny said awkwardly.
"That's O.K. Will I see you at all over Christmas?" Asked Harry.
"Of course you will. Maybe not every day. But I promise that I will visit as often as I can. And maybe Molly will invite me to Christmas dinner" replied Jenny, winking at Ron.
"I can ask for you" offered Ron.
"Thanks Ronald. We can try again next year Harry. Right now, it's time to get you three back to Hogwarts. I'll even give you a personal escort" said Jenny.

The group made their way back to Hogwarts, behind a pair of Harry's female classmates, one of which was on his quidditch team.
The two girls began to talk quite loudly as they appeared to be arguing about something.
"It's nothing to do with you Leanne" said the quidditch player, Katie Bell.
The girl named Leanne tried to grab the package that Katie was holding. Katie managed to tug it back, but then it fell to the ground.

At once, Katie rose into the air gracefully, with her arms spread out, as if she were trying to fly. There was something errie, and very wrong with that sight.
Katie's eyes were closed and her face was frozen. Suddenly she began to scream, and her eyes snapped open. She kept screaming and wouldn't stop, this caused her friend Leanne to scream as well.
The group ran over to to Katie, and began jumping up and trying to reach her. Leanne succeeded, and grabbed hold of Katie's ankles. Pulling her to the ground, and landing on top of the group. But this did nothing to stop her from thrashing about and screaming.

"Ron. Go and get help. I think I saw Hagrid back at Hogsmede, go and get him" instructed Jenny.
"I'll go with him" Harry offered.
"No! I need you here, where I can see you" Jenny shouted.
Ron nodded and ran off back the way that had come, in search of Hagrid.
"I'm not a child. You can't order me around" snapped Harry.
"You watch me" replied Jenny.
Hermione put her arm around Leanne, and tried to calm her. But Jenny's approach was not so soft.
"What happened?" Jenny demanded.
"We were arguing. And then the package tore open" sobbed Leanne, pointing towards the brown paper package on the ground.
Harry approached it, with his hand outstretched, and leant in to touch it. Jenny yanked on his arm, pulling him away.
"Don't touch it" she yelled.

A moment later, Ron and Hagrid arrived.
Without a word, Hagrid bent down and scooped Katie into his arms. Within seconds her screaming stopped. He then made his way back to Hogwarts, holding her tightly in his arms.
Harry looked back to the package and noticed an ornate opal necklace poking out of the paper.
"I've seen that before. It was on display in Borgin and Burkes. The label said it was cursed. Katie must have touched it" said Harry.

"How did Katie get hold of it?" Questioned Jenny.
"Well, that's why we were arguing. She came back from the bathroom in The Three Broomsticks holding it, said it was a surprise for somebody at Hogwarts and she had to deliver it... oh no. I bet she had been Imperiused, and I didn't realise" explained Leanne.
Hermione patted her shoulder gently as Leanne began to sob again.
"She didn't say who'd given it to her?" Jenny asked.
"No, she wouldn't tell me" replied Leanne who then let out a wail of dispair.

"We'd better get back to school" said Hermione.
Jenny nodded and removed her scarf. She then bent down, and carefully picked up the cursed necklace.
"I was going to do that" admitted Harry.
"Well I've got it now. The school nurse will probably need to see it, to help cure Katie" replied Jenny.
Harry nodded.
"That's what I thought".
Harry removed his scarf and placed it around his aunts neck, and they all began to make their way through the snow, and back to school.