One man down

A loud screech of a Thestral turned everyone's attention to the sky. The creature landed, and Bill and Fleur jumped off, allowing it to fly off into the distance.
Molly ran forward and hugged her son, who looked solemly at his father.
"Mad-Eye's dead" he announced.
Nobody spoke, as the loss of Mad-Eye sunk in.
"We saw it. It happened just after we broke out of the circle. Mad-Eye and Mundungus were close by us. Voldemort went straight for them. Dung panicked and Disapparated. Voldemort's curse hit Mad-Eye full in the face. He fell backwards off his broom, there was nothing we could do" explained Bill.

Nobody seemed to quite know what to do, except make their way back inside the house. Tonks was crying silently, and Hagrid was wiping his eyes on a tablecloth sized handkerchief.
Bill began handing out glasses, and filling them with firewhisky. Everyone raised their glassed in respect to Mad-Eye, then drank.
Jenny downed her's in one gulp and then summoned the bottle over, refilling her glass. Then took another sip.

"So Mundungus disappeared?" Questioned Remus.
"I know what you're thinking. But Mundungus can't have betrayed us. It was his idea to use multiple Harry's, and Voldemort seemed to be unware of it. I think Dung just panicked. He didn't want to come in the first place, but Mad-Eye made him. And Voldemort went straight for them" replied Bill.
"You-Know-Who acted as Mad-Eye expected. He thought that Harry would be with the most skilled Auror. He went after Mad-Eye then he switched to Kingsley" said Tonks sadly.
"Yes that is all well and good. But it still doesn't explain how they knew we were moving Arry tonight. Somebody must have been careless. Somebody let slip the date to an outsider. It is the only explanation for them knowing the date but not the plan" snapped Fleur.

Hagrid hiccoughed behind his handkercheif and everyone turned to glare at him.
"No. I mean if somebody made a mistake, I know they didn't mean to. It's not their fault. I trust you all. I don't think that anyone here would ever sell me to Voldemort" said Harry bravely.
Jenny smiled at Harry, but Remus wore an odd expression, close to pity.
"You think I'm a fool?" Questioned Harry.
"No I think you're like James, who would have regarded it as the height of dishonour to mistrust his friends" replied Remus.
"Yeah, and it was that type of thinking that got him killed" muttered Jenny as her thoughts turned to Wormtail.

Remus turned away from Harry and faced Bill.
"There's work to do. I can ask Kingsley whether-"
"No, I'll come" said Bill at once.
"Where are you going?" Asked Tonks.
"Mad-Eye's body. We need to recover it" answered Remus.
"And I need to get back to the muggle Prime Minister" replied Kingsley.
"Can't it wait?" Asked Molly.
"Not unless you'd rather the Death Eaters took it?" Snapped Bill.
Nobody replied. Bill, Remus, and Kingsley said their goodbyes and left.

"I should probably go too. You're all in danger while I'm here" admitted Harry.
"Don't be silly Harry, where would you go?" Asked Molly.
"If Voldemort finds out where I am'"
"And why should he? There are a dozen safe houses you could be in"
"It's not me I'm worried about"
"It would make everyone's efforts tonight rather pointless if you left".
"Yeah what about my bleeding ear" said George.
"Mad-Eye wouldn't want-" started Tonks.
"I know" interupted Harry loudly.
His scar on his forhead was beginning to prickle. It had not hurt like this for more than a year. And Harry knew that he needed to get away.
"I need some fresh air" said Harry as he left the room. Once outside the pain in his scar peaked, he closed his eyes and fell to his knees.

Once the vision had ended, Harry pushed himself up off the ground and found Ron and Hermione at his side.
"Harry. Are you alright? You look awful" asked Hermione.
"Well I probably look better than Ollivander" replied Harry.
"But it was supposed to have stopped. Dumbledore wanted you to close your mind. You mustn't let that connection happen again" said Hermione, looking appalled.
Harry didn't reply.
"Harry, he's taking over the Ministry and half the wizarding world. Don't let him inside your head too" said Hermione, taking hold of his arm.
Harry shook his arm free and headed back inside. His attention was alerted to something in the trees, but he couldn't see what it was.

Jenny watched Harry and his friends go safely back inside. She had been careful not to get too close, so that the ring wouldn't sense her presence.
Jenny had not known the extent of the connection between Harry and Voldemort. It worried her.
If Voldemort invaded Harry's mind again, and realised how close they were. Then he might use her as bait, like he had done with Sirius. Jenny didn't want Harry getting caught, thinking that he was rescuing her.
So she made the decision to try and keep her distance from Harry, to stop that from happening.

The shock of losing Mad-Eye hung over the Weasley's house in the days that followed. Harry couldn't help but feel guilty, as Mad-Eye had been protecting Harry when he died.
All he wanted to do was leave to go and find Voldemort's Horcruxes. But he had to wait until the Trace broke on his 17th birthday.

Ron pulled Harry into his room to have a quick word, when no one was looking.
"Mum's being trying to get it out of me and Hermione what we are off to do. She'll try you next, so brace yourself. Dad and Lupin both asked as well, but when we said Dumbledore told you not to tell anyone except us, they dropped it. But not mum though. She's determined" Ron warned.

Ron's prediction came true within hours. Shortly before lunch, Molly cornered him in the kitchen.
"Ron and Hermione seem to think that the three of you are dropping out of Hogwarts" she began, casually.
Harry looked at his aunt, who sat at the table, pretending to read the Daily Prophet, but he could tell that she was listening to every word.
"Oh. Well yeah, we are" replied Harry.
"May I ask why you are abandoning your education?"
"Well, Dumbledore left me some stuff to do. Ron and Hermione know about it, and they want to come too".

"What sort of stuff?" Questioned Molly.
"I'm sorry I can't-" started Harry.
"Well frankly, Arthur and I have the right to know"
"Dumbledore didn't want anyone else to know"
"Utter nonsense. Dumbledore had the whole Order at his command. You must have misunderstood. He probably wanted something done, but it doesn't mean that he wanted you to do it-"
"I didn't misunderstand. It's got to be me".
Jenny looked up, but she didn't say anything.

From that moment on, Molly did all she could to keep Harry, Ron and Hermione apart. She kept them busy with preperations for Bill and Fleur's wedding. Molly thought that if she stopped the three of them getting together and planning, she'll be able to delay them leaving