Teddy Remus Lupin

As the week went by, Jenny began to put on some of the weight she had lost. She wasn't back to normal, but she was no longer the stick figure she had been when she arrived.
The Weasley's Aunt Muriel was going slightly mad by the large amount of people now in her house. It was impossible to go anywhere, without being in someone's way.
Jenny spent most of the day with Charlie, as he helped her get back on her feet.
She visited Harry every day, but he seemed pre-occupied, always shutting himself in a room with Ron and Hermione, along with Griphook the Goblin.
Charlie enjoyed being around Jenny, but he was starting to worry about her, as he rarely saw her without a drink in her hand. And he was beginning to think that she had a problem.

One night, when Jenny was sitting on Charlie's bed, talking to him with a drink in her hand, Charlie decided to bring up her drinking habits.
"Jenny. Do you really need a drink right now?" He asked.
"I don't need a drink. I just wanted one. Why? Is there a problem?"
"No. I was just concerned. You do seem to drink a lot lately"
"Can you blame me?"
"No. But it's not healthy. You might get addicted"
'I am not addicted. I could stop any time I liked"
"Could you really?"
"Yes. Now, can we talk about something else please"
"Of course, I was just informing you of my concerns"
"Well I thank you for your concerns, but there really is no need. I'm fine".

"I didn't mean to upset you" Charlie apologised.
"You didn't. It's my fault. I shouldn't have got so worked up" replied Jenny.
"Your reasons are understandable. You have been through a lot"
"Yes. I have"
"I think you are very brave"
'Bravery had nothing to do with it"
"Well I still think you have a lot of courage"
"Says the man who works with dragons for a living. I could never do what you do"
"Na, it's easy really"
"I doubt that. You work with dangerous, firebreathing, untameable creatures. That can't be an easy job"

"So you think I'm brave and dashing" mocked Charlie.
"Oh yes. The bravest man alive" replied Jenny laughing.
Charlie raised his arm, showing of his muscles, and Jenny pretended to faint.
"It's all too much" she joked.
Charlie playfully punched her arm, and Jenny hit him back.
"Ow" said Charlie, pretending to be in pain.
Jenny pushed him lightly.
"Baby".
Charlie pushed Jenny onto her back and knelt over her, barely an inch from her face.
He bent down to kiss her, but Jenny covered her mouth and rolled out from under him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... I mean if you don't want to, that's fine" Charlie apologised, moving away from Jenny.
"No. I'd like to. It's just... I'm not good for you" replied Jenny.
"But I don't agree. You are good"
"No. I'm not. You are a nice person, you deserve someone good, and whole"
"What if I think you're that person?"
"Then you would be mistaken. I am too old for you. You deserve someone younger"
"You sound like Remus. He said the same thing to Tonks. Me and her are the same age, and you are even younger than Remus. So your age isn't a problem. Besides, you don't exactly act your age anyway"
"Why do you always have an answer to everything? Why can't you just accept that I'm no good for you?"
"Why can't you see yourself the way I see you? You're perfect"
"No I'm not"
"Maybe not... But you are perfect for me".

Jenny turned her head and faced Charlie, a single tear rolled down her cheek. Charlie shuffled towards her and wiped the tear from her face.
"What's wrong?" He asked quietly.
Jenny dropped her head. "You come from a big family. You are one of 7 children. I'm sure you are expecting to have many children of your own one day. And I can't stop that dream of yours".
"You don't want children?".
Jenny didn't say anything.
"To be honest, I'd never really thought much about children. Or girls, until I met you. Dragons were my life. Some I even raised from when they were babies. But if you didn't want children, then I wouldn't mind" continued Charlie.
"But I'm sure that your mother expects you to have kids. She wants grandchildren" replied Jenny.
"She has other children that can give her grandkids"
"But you will never get to be a father. I can't take that from you"
"I would do it for you. Why don't you want children anyway?".

Jenny looked up into Charlies eyes, unable to keep the truth to herself any longer.
"It's not that I don't want children. I would quite like some one day. But I can't have children" she admitted.
Charlie's eyes filled with concern.
"You mean...?".
Jenny nodded.
"Yes. I can't have kids. When I was younger I took some experimental potions that caused me to become infertile. I didn't know what they were at the time. But my parents knew. I only found out recently... Feel free to leave me, now you know how much of a failure I am. I'm not a real woman if I can't bare children...".

Charlie lent forward and interupted Jenny, with a kiss.
"I don't care. And listen to me Jenny. This doesn't make you any less of a woman to me. If we want children later in life, we can always adopt. But I think that we will be happy enough with just the two of us" explained Charlie.
Jenny cried tears of joy and hugged Charlie tight, not wanting to ever let go.

A few days later Jenny sat in the kitchen at Shell Cottage, while everyone squeezed around the small table. There was a storm outside, and the rain hit the windows with such force.
There was a loud bang at the door, which made everyone jump and remove their wands. Jenny stood in front Harry protectively, and Griphook slid underneath the table.
"Who is it?" Questioned Bill.
"It is I, Remus John Lupin. I am a werewolf, married to Nymphadora Tonks. You the secret keeper, gave me the address and told me to come in an emergency" replied Remus.
"Lupin" muttered Bill as he ran to the door and opened it, allowing a soaking wet Remus, to enter the cottage.

He straightened his cloak, and looked around the room, to see who was there.
"It's a boy. We've named him Ted, after Dora's father!" He announced.
Hermione screeched happily, and everyone cheered.
"What... Tonks... Tonks had the baby?" Hermione asked.
"Yes, yes, she's had the baby" confirmed Remus.
"Congratulations. Blimey, a baby" said Ron, as if he had never heard of such a thing.

Remus made his way around the table to Harry and Jenny and hugged them both.
"You'll be the godparents?" He asked.
"What?" Questioned Jenny.
"Me...?" Stuttered Harry.
"You, yes. Dora quite agrees. I can't think of anyone else I would want watching over my son, than you two"
"Us? But we are not exactly the most sensible people in the world" admitted Jenny.
Remus chuckled.
"That doesn't matter, I know that deep down you are both very caring people. And I know that if anything happened to me, you would look after Teddy. You will accept won't you?".
Harry and Jenny looked at each other and then back to Remus, nodding.

"Good. I can't stay long. I must get back" said Remus.
Fleur convinced Remus to stay for a drink, and began handing out goblets. Then everyone raised a glass, and toasted to Teddy Remus Lupin.
"Oo does ze look like?" Asked Fleur.
"I think he looks like Dora, but she thinks he looks like me. His hair was black when he was born, but I swear it turned ginger in the hour since. Probably be blonde by the time I get back. Andromeda says Tonk's hair started changing colour the day she was born" Remus answered.
Jenny looked down at the full goblet in her hands, thinking back to what Charlie had said about her drinking. But she wasn't addicted, she could stop any time she liked, couldn't she?

"Oh go on. Just one more" said Remus, as Bill refilled his goblet.
The wine in Jenny's hand seemed to call her to it. She did like wine, it was one of her favourites, but she knew she shouldn't.
Jenny was happy for Remus, he had suffered more than most, and he deserved this joy. But Jenny just wished it was her child's birth everyone was celebrating, not Tonk's. She wished she had the courage to tell Remus the truth about herself, but she just couldn't do it.
Remus poured himself more wine, and Jenny couldn't stand it any more. She downed her goblet and placed it back down on the table.
She tried to listen to what Remus was saying, but her mind get wandering back to the bottle of wine.

"Look, I really must go. I'll try and bring some pictures in a few days time, they'll all be so glad to know that I've seen you all" said Remus as he began making way towards the door.
He fastened his cloak and returned into the wild night outside. Bill came over to Jenny and Harry, congratulating them on becomming godparents.
"Godfather Harry, and godmother Jenny. A real honor. Congratulations".
"Thank's Bill" replied Jenny.
"Actually, I wanted a private word with Harry, if that's O.K?" Asked Bill.
"That's fine. I had better be off anyway. See you Harry" said Jenny, hugging Harry.
"See you soon" replied Harry.
Jenny smiled and began saying goodbye to everyone else, her mind still on the bottle of wine, which was on the kitchen table. She shook her head and tried to focus on where she would be dissapparating to. She didn't want to get lost.