Chapter 1

>>flashback<<

<Fight for the things you believe are worth fighting for>

-author nim

"I can't be with a human". He whisper voice slightly broken from his words, gluing his sight to the ground he uttered those unbearable words, "I can't..."

"Then change me; let me be something you can be with" I said, my voice cracking, I hope he missed the desperation in my voice. Cupping his cheeks in one of my palms I slowly tilt his head up to look at me "Just tell me what to do" I muttered my voice barely above a whisper. Tears threatening my eyes

"I don't-..."

He tried to say something but I don't let him, I couldn't let him decline my request, I needed him. I throw my hands around him pulling him towards me my heart beating out of rhythm from nervousness then as if time had stop it happened....

Flashback

"Oh come on, Are you really telling me that demon are real and that they were created by this mystical super natural bean called Lucifer? Oh please Su-mi stop with your imaginary dilutions" I said, both irritated and  amused with my best friend.

She sat on the bed gaping at me, annoyance etched on her face.

Shifting a little in my position with my stomach resting on the couch, feet cross in the air behind me, elbows drilling the soft cushion bracing me up-wards while I held the game controllers in both hands, trying to ignore the rantings of my over imaginative best friend.

"I'm not being delusional, I'm telling you they're real!" she almost wailed, snatching the controller from my hands

"Yah!" I yelled at her, and as expected she exited the hall Like a excited child that got the chance to play outside with her friends, with the controllers in her hand she giggled and as if hunting a pray I chased her.

Slipping from room to room she shouted

"Catch me if you can suckerrrr buhahahahaha"

Now panting sharply trying to catch my breath, knees feeling like Jell-O. I felt seriously out of shape.

Sparing a second to rest my hands on my knees to catch my breath.

I threatened her "Y-yah" my utters barely heard under heavy breaths and parched swallows within the sentence. "If you don't. Give that controllers back this instance, "I swear to God Sumi, I am going to tell Ji-Hyun what happen between you and Joshua that night." She froze instantly every muscle growing tensed at my words.

With a sigh she give-up murmuring the word "Fine" and carelessly tossing the controllers over towards me "you win"

As if heaven itself shined down on its decuple a growing satisfactory look wore my face and I ran back to the hall to finish the game. With her crawling behind, without a second thought I throw my body onto the bed feeling rather blissful. And she who stop next to me dropping and sprawling out lazily next to me.

"Look Sumi-ah" I alleged focusing on the game before me, "it's okay if you believe in imaginary creatures like Lucifer and demons it's completely fine but I've never seen one and my mother always told me to believe in half of what I see, nothing of what I hear and everything that I feel so I'm doing that" my voice nonchalant proverb those words.

"So your telling me if you see a ugly creature with horns and possible glowing golden or red eyes even, you wouldn't think it's a demon" she asked 'matter of fact' raising her brows at me.