Chapter 27: Stacy's POV

After school, I went back to Luke’s house. I guess I could technically call that my home now. So anyways, when I got “home” I saw that no one was there. Not even Beau and that was pretty rare considering he had nothing to do during the days until Luke and Jai got home, or until Skip and James also got out of school. I put my stuff in Luke’s room, and just laid on the couch for a little while. I accidently fell asleep, and when I woke up all three of the boys were home.

“Did we wake you?” Jai asked.

“No, not at all. Where were you guys?”

“We just went out to eat. Sorry we didn’t bring you back anything.” Beau said.

“Not a problem. I’m not hungry anyways…” I noticed something strange about Luke. “What happened to your eye, babe?”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s all bruised!”

“Oh right, well I tried to take a chip from Beau when we went out to eat and he just PUNCHED me! Right in the face…”

I didn’t believe him one bit. There was something he wasn’t telling me…

LUKE’S POV:

I can’t believe she actually believed my lies… OUR lies. I think we made them pretty believable. I didn’t want Stacy to worry about Matt; she already had enough stress on her shoulders with her mom. I wonder if she had talked to her mom since the whole incident but I doubt it. I knew eventually we would have to get the rest of her stuff from her mom’s house if she was really moving in with us. The idea of her moving in was exciting but made me kind of nervous.

I felt bad not telling Stacy what really happened or where we really were today, but some things are better left unsaid…

You’re probably wondering how we got away from Matt all in one piece with only a few cuts and bruises. Well, after Beau and I tackled Matt to the ground, we just tried talking to him. We tried to calm him down, and just ask why he was chasing Jai and trying to see what he had against him. We got a few answers out of him, and occasionally he would get an arm or a hand loose from our grip and hit us wherever he could, like my eye…

We got him off the ground, and told him to lay off Jai and the rest of us. He didn’t make a promise, but I think he finally realized that when he tried to hurt us, it wasn’t going to exactly solve anything. It’s just going to make him look like the bad guy in this situation, which he was.

I think we finally got the Matt situation taken care of. Now we just had to make sure Stacy never found out where we really were today…