Chapter 37

Chapter 37: Avoid But Never Forget

[EXELLOR ONEIRO'S POV]

“Umm, I need to excuse myself. I'm done with my food... I'll just go to the living room, Paul.”

I tried to plaster the sweetest smile that I could muster, while I was walking out, but in reality... I wanted to yell, scream... Like at that time, I wanted to crumple the spoon and fork that I was holding.

It's true that I really went to the living room after I washed my hands on their sink. I walked back and forth, trying to comprehend everything that happened. My eyes scanned the things that it should.

And one thing caught my whole attention.

Slowly walking towards it, the image became clear. Surrounded by a small wooden frame is a picture. A family picture. I can tell that it's pretty old, since I smiled, seeing a baby Paul in it, being carried by a woman who seems to be sitting, and smiling widely in front of the camera, and beside her's a man, standing erect, having this cold but cool smile, looking like a soldier, wearing a black polo.

Everything's perfect, 'til I realized, and I managed to look closer on the photo.

My smile slowly faded, and the sepia-filled flashbacks came into me like thunderbolts. Remebering those sweet eyes, wavy hair and a look that could kill, instantly, dark thoughts consumed me.

Oh... no...

I lost all hope. It's like losing the essence of humanity, forgetting who I really am, for once, truth became lies.
The world is too small to keep running away, I told myself...

I felt the sudden shiver ran through my skin, when I know a presence behind me. Quickly grabbing a knife hidden on my right thigh, I turned back, only to find a cold, sneering Timothy Funtelo looking at me.

Slowly, I let the blade slightly touch his adam's apple, making it bob, which meant he swallowed repeatedly, but never removing eye contact. Anger dripped within my stare.

“Is that... Miracle?” I asked him without any emotion at my tone.

He nodded slowly. “Miracle... Funtelo. My only wife.”

After the quick silence, he finally had the guts to ask me a question.

“Why... are... you... here?” he scowled, but tried not to move. Definitely, his voice's coldness can make you shiver, but there was no mercy in my eyes.

“Because of your son.”

“Hmm... But those eyes seems different...” he comments. “Those... eyes... You have the same eyes... as Raoul...”

“EXELLOR! DAD!” I heard the quick shout from Paul not far from us.

The fire in my eyes dissapeared. The strenght I had, fueled by anger, was gone. My skin suddenly felt so cold. And I started to hear my heartbeats again. I was back on my own self.

But my hands couldn't respond, it's still tightly clenched on the knife's handle.

A tear fell on my cheek. I never thought that this would be a possibility. Out of all people... why? My eyes weren't wrong... and so his words proves it too. The fiery pain inside my chest came back, and this time, it really hurts.