Chapter 14:New path

(Tristan Pov)
I was sitting in my police car I was parked in front of a run down Yellow House. As I walked unto the clearly old wooden porch that made a creaking sound as I walked on to it and knocked on the white door.

I could sense people staring at me. Probably wondering why I'm here. The door opened only to revel a elderly black woman in a pink robe.
I greeted her she asked me what I wanted.

"Is Alexander Smith here?",I asked
She looked nervous.
I asked her again being firm.
She told me to hold on as she went to get him.

Moments later I seen him come to the door he was shirtless with black sweatpants on.

After The apartment got broken into a few nights ago. Carla and I both knew it was something personal against both of us but obviously due to the damage she was the main target which made Alex my main target.
Eventhough the break in was marked as just another break in. Then Before we discovered the break in Carla asked about Alex and if he was still in jail.
After checking out the list of people recently bailed out I seen Alex's name and he was bailed out a week before Damion got shot and before the break in.

"What do you want?", he asked irritated.

"Just coming in to check up on you I said
I didn't want to let on what I was really trying to find out.

I asked if I could come in the elderly lady who turned out to be his Grandmother said yes before he could answer.
So I went ahead and walked into the house it smelled like moth balls and coffee. I went over to the small pink floral couch and sat down I noticed the brown wooden coffee table with papers scattered all across it.

Alex plopped on the far side of the couch away from me.
"So where were you the last few nights I asked
"Just here.. chillin."he said.

I gave him a look of disbelief.

He told me I could ask his Grandmother since he lives here and he helps her since she has trouble moving around.

Yea right..
"You were bailed out who bailed you out?,"
I asked trying not to get frustrated.
"I don't know."he said

He told me that he was sitting up in jail one day when he told his bail was paid so he didn't ask no questions.

I don't believe anything he says something doesn't add up..
(Candy pov)
"Are you sure that's what you want?"
I heard My exboss Michael asked.

"Yes I'm sure I'm quitting I said sitting across from him in his office.

After the break in accident at my apartment it made me realize I got to change and put all this behind me for the safety of my future child.

The break in made me become so paranoid to the point where I couldn't be at home by myself..
During the day I was with either Damion or Sierra and at night I was with Tristan.
But I can't live like that..

"Well if you ever need a job I'll always have a spot for you he said.
I said ok and then walked out to the parking lot where Sierra was waiting for me in a white Dodge Challenger.
I got In

"Aww i still can't believe your leaving."she said

"Well I've been here for three years I said.

She said as we pulled out of the parking lot.