26| Sundance [short scene]

Winter 2017

Sundance Film Festival. Probably Kristen's favourite time of the year. And this time, she was there for the premiere of her own short movie. She was so proud of this achievement that she was beaming. Walking inside, closely followed by Ruth, she happily posed for pictures alone and with her team. Sharing her happiness about a project she poured her heart into, was such an intense feeling. Then came the time for questions. They focused on her short movie, but of course it was also linked to her private life. So one way or another she had to say a few words about her breakup with Robert from years ago, and how it shattered her.

For a moment her mind went back to that time, but she quickly remembered that everything had changed again now.

"Did you show your short to anyone? Or asked for some feedback?" A reporter asked her.

"Of course! I was begging my friends to watch it." Kristen chuckled. "But yeah, I asked Olivier a while back and I was so scared he would hate it. But he nodded. That was the approval I needed."

"Even Robert?" Kristen raised her eyebrows before answering.

"Yes. He loved it." Simple answer. Nothing more.

She kept going for a few more minutes before leaving to present her movie in the projection room. Everything went well. Once she was done she hugged everyone and thanked them all. Sharing her huge load of happiness.

Back in her hotel room, the moment she stepped inside a ball of energy jumped at her. Instantly Kristen held Laelynn in her arms.

"Congratulations mummy!" She blissfully yelled kissing her cheeks. "We are proud of you." She put her arms in the air and everyone in the room laughed at that cute scene.

"Thank you, baby girl." Kristen kissed back her daughter's cheeks.

"Well done, love." Looking away from her happy child, Kristen stared at the love her life standing in front of them smiling from ear to ear. Rob moved closer and pecked at her lips.

"Can I see mummy's movie?" Laelynn asked breaking away her parents.

"Yeah. Later though okay. We're all gonna eat lunch to celebrate." Rob announced to her and she nodded before laying her head on Kristen's shoulder.

Everyone took a seat at the dinning room table and even some at the kitchen island. The whole atmosphere was jovial over lunch.

At night Rob and Kristen were silently laying in bed, tired of the long day they both had. Kristen with interviews and photoshoots, and Rob had to take care of a very active Laelynn who wouldn't rest for anything in the world.

The dimmed lights in their bedroom allowed them to watch the snow falling outside. The sight of it was so beautiful that it slowly put Kristen to sleep. Her eyes were barely closed when she felt one of Rob's hand move under her t-shirt. She hummed.

"We could move to London." His soft rusty voice resonated, bringing Kristen out of her daze.

"What?" Eyes still closed she tried to keep up with him.

"You're done with work. You have nothing schedule." She agreed with him. "And, it'll be great to have the baby there, no?." He finished in a whisper. Gently Kristen turned on her side to face him, finally opening her eyes.

"Okay." Her answer surprised him; according to his eyes opening wide. Kristen chuckled. "Laelynn hasn't been there in almost a year. She's growing up so fast and soon she'll go to school. You're right, now's the time to move there for a while."

"Seriously? You're not fighting me?"

"No." She shook her head. "I miss the calm of London." Sliding closer to him she laid her head on his chest and he embraced her back, one of his hand slightly stroking her barely there bump.

"Should we name him Landon if it's a boy?" He couldn't help himself and Kristen exploded in laughter before slapping her hand against her mouth to not wake up Laelynn.
_____

Everything is going well for them 😊.

After their talk back in November I think, Kristen filmed a movie and Rob stayed in LA with Laelynn. Talking daily on the phone. They had time to think and reconsider their relationship. When she was done in December, they decided to give it a try again. They were still in love, and life sometime had a funny way to bring people back together.