"And who's we?" Astrid asked with authority. Stephen glanced at her before a short, timid-looking man stepped out from behind him. Both Astrid and Tony's composure relaxed at the sight.

"Hey guys."

"Bruce." Tony and Astrid mumbled in union.

Bruce walked over, making everyone huddle around him. "You okay?" Tony and Bruce stared at one another before Bruce collapsed forward, embracing the billionaire tightly.

Pepper and Astrid shared a worried look before Bruce fell into Astrid's arms next, sobbing quietly.

FROM THE DAWN OF THE UNIVERSE, THERE WAS NOTHING.❞ Wong explained, casting an illusion of five Infinity Stones floating in space into the air. "Then, boom. The Big Bang sent six elemental crystals hurdling across the virgin Universe." Everyone watched the multicoloured stones float around. "These Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of existence."

"Space. Reality. Power. Soul. Mind..." Stephen listed, each Stone lighting up when called upon. His voice dragged on, shifting his eyes down to hold his amulet in his scarred hands. He activated the necklace, letting it reveal the Stone it held within. "...and Time."

Tony frowned, sitting on a couch nearby. He glanced up at Bruce. "Tell me his name again."

"Thanos." Bruce said, walking forward. "He's a plague, Tony; he invades planets, he takes what he wants, he wipes out half of the population. He sent Loki." Bruce paused, watching as Tony stood up stiffly. "The attack on New York. That's him!"

"This is it..." Tony mumbled to himself, slowly walking around him. He looked up at Bruce again. "What's our timeline?"

Bruce shook his head, following Tony as he led himself towards the grand staircase. "No telling. He has the Power and Space Stones. That already makes him the strongest creature in the whole Universe. If he gets his hands on all six Stones, Tony..."

"Game over." Astrid mumbled to herself, staring at the floor with dull eyes.

Stephen watched as Tony leaned against a large pot, stretching his leg. "He could destroy life on a scale hitherto on dreamt of."

"Did you seriously just say hitherto on dreamt of?" Tony muttered, pulling his leg up.

"Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?" Stephen shot back, tipping his head to one side.

Tony perked an eyebrow, speaking to himself now, "Is that what it's called—" His words were cut off by Stephen's cloak slapping his arm off the pot. Tony flinched back, looking between the Doctor and his blood-red cloak. Tony held his gaze with Stephen, leaning his head back.

"I'm...going to allow that." Tonly looked around at everyone. "If Thanos needs all six, why not just stick this one down the garbage disposal?"

Wong and Stephen shook their heads. Stephen pursed his lips. "No can do."

Wong took a step towards the former Avenger. "We swore an oath to protect the Time Stone with our lives."

Tony tipped his head to the side cockily. "And I swore off dairy, but then Ben and Jerry's named a flavour after me, so..."