#66 The surprise gift

Start from the beginning

What is strange is Karan's words.

I kept my promise..

His words echoed again.

The only promise I got from him was to stay under cover, But the situation doesn't look that serious for him to hint me something like it.

"Arjun" Father said. "I...I loved your mother" He said. "If you think that I abandoned her, You are wrong" He whispered. "She was the one who decided not to see me, She was the only woman I ever loved" He said.

What the heck is going on...?

"I know that she struggled at the end of her life..but if I had known about it, I would have been there for her" He stopped. "I know that I should have told you all of these before..I should have told you all of these when you were growing up and still was angry at me, Today, I know the consequences of my actions"

"What's wrong?" I asked. "Why are you talking about the past all of a sudden? Did something happen when I was away?"

Instead of answering me, He just looked at me.

"I know what it feels to make a mistake" Father said. "So if you ever make a mistake, I am ready to give you a chance to redeem your mistakes, Because, I know, I owe your mother at least this" He said.

I was no longer listening to him while I noted the way.

"This route...Are we going to...Officer Suresh Kumar's estate!?"

As soon as I revealed Karthik's identity, Everything on him was exposed Including this estate house.

"Yes, Abiram is waiting for us there"

"What!?" I turned to him.

He is supposed to be on the run!

"Abiram said that he has a surprise for us" He said.

My insides turned unpleasantly.

Whatever surprise he has for me, I know that I won't enjoy it.

Soon, we reached the site and stepped out of the car.

More than 20 or so Private goons were placed around, Half of them with firearms.

It feels like Surya headquarters has changed locations.

As I walked forward, Every person was staring at me.

The main door of the estate house was crashed down and I took in the surroundings, Six most trustworthy armed men were placed inside the house.

To my surprise, Even Raghav sir was stationed inside, His face looked grim.

"Finally" Abiram walked to me with a smile. "You are here"

"You said you have something for us" Father said and Abiram walked forward eagerly.

"That's right, I have a surprise gift for Arjun" He said smugly.

My heart started to beat wildly and I felt bad.

Like really really bad.

"This way" Abiram walked and we followed him.

He stopped in front of a locked door.

One guy opened the door for us and I was standing directly in front of it.

The door opened slowly and I stayed there, Frozen in front of the room.

I knew that something bad was happening, But never have I ever for once thought of this.

The first person my eyes landed on was Sanju, Her hands were tied back, Her lips bleeding and she was covered in bruises.