Book III #49 waking up

Arjun.

I moved her back to bed the third time and watched her in wonder, I had even dressed her up in my shirt and covered her in my thick, woollen double layer blanket to keep her warm.

I turned to my files again, It was already 4:30 in the morning and I know that I can't go back to sleep, So I just sit there at the edge of the bed and went through my files while keeping watch of her from time to time.

I closed the file, put it back on the desk and turned to her in surprise, She was already coming back to my side in her sleep.

She was becoming restless and I realised that she's coming back to her senses.

I layed down beside her and watched her face.

I almost lost you today...

I still can't believe that I managed to get her back.

I lifted my left hand and caressed her smooth shiny long hair. Both of us were lying side by side, facing each other, She was still in a deep sleep.

I put my palm on top of her hand and looked at her face.

I know it's not over yet, She might even kill me for everything I have done..But nothing could bring down the joy of me having her back.

She was dressed in my shirt and looked so beautiful.

She will kill me if she wakes up now..But that's better, she cant run away in this dress without even stopping to listen to me.

I moved closer to her and kissed her gently on her lips, Then raised up.

I never knew that I could love someone like this, I am so glad that I met her or I would have been in the cold shell forever, Only focusing on destroying the Surya group.

It still amaze me that she managed to-

I stopped as she moved closer again, And I couldn't bring myself to move her back again. I touched her face and she snuggled closer.

I waited for her to settle down, but she looked restless, trying to settle down and I put my hands around her, Trying to support her head to my shoulder, But she just reached my chest and settled there.

When I tried to move, She just placed her hand around me in protest, So I covered her in the blanket again.

She looked comfortable and went back to sleep again.

I took her mobile phone from the bedside and switched it on and dialled.

"Trisha!" Karthik said as soon as he picked up, His voice full of hope.

"I am Arjun" I said easily.

There was a moment's silence at the other end.

"Where's she?" His next question came. "If anything happens to her-"

"Calm down karthik, She's safe with me" I said and looked down at her sleeping face and touched her hair unknowingly.

"Don't sound so..confident, Arjun surya narayan, We have your most trusted man with us here" Karthik said.

"I knew that you will come after me" I said. "Did you hurt him?" I asked about karan.

"We haven't done anything to him...yet" Karthik said. "But it looks like you sounds so calm and carefree about this matter-"

"Because sanjana is with me, I know you won't compromise her safety" I said again. "And let me tell you, I am not going to hurt her-"

"Then put her on phone" Karthik demanded. "I want to speak to her this instant!" He added.