#66 The surprise gift

Start from the beginning

"Arjun sir, Your father want to talk to you about something important for tomorrow's meeting" He said as soon as we stopped the car.

I nodded.

"I too have to take care of some things" I said while he opened the door for me.

Karan stopped the car and stepped out to help me with my luggage.

"I will help him" Vijay said. "You can go and drop Raghav sir first" He added.

I resisted the urge to raise my eyebrows at that.

"What? I was thinking of helping Narayan sir-"

"Everything is ready for the Shareholders meeting, Narayan sir said that he already sent you some datas and you can just go through it from home" he said.

He looked confused, But nodded suddenly.

"Then I will go back first" He turned to me and said.

I nodded.

"Okay" I stopped and turned to Karan who was already walking back.

"Karan, I asked you to meet one of our clients before the meeting, Did you do that?" I asked.

"Yes sir, I did everything as I promised" He looked me in the eyes. "You can contact me if there's anything you want to know" He added.

There it is again,The promise.

I took a deep breath and turned to Vijay.

"Let's go" I said and walked inside while he dragged my bags and followed me.

As I walked inside, I was strangely aware of the deserted feeling the headquarters have.

Normally a lot people will be busy going in and out, But today, That was missing.

And Vijay is sticking to me like a gum.

"I am tired from the long journey, I will just freshen up and come there to meet father" I told Vijay as we reached in front of my cabin.

He nodded.

"I will tell him that you are here" He walked away.

As I reached my cabin, Everything was in perfect order.

Karan even had my fresh suit prepared like he always used to do.

So after freshening up, I walked to father's room.

"Arjun..I was waiting for you" Father got up and walked to me. Instead of walking to the settee, He walked to the door.

"Are we going somewhere?" I asked.

"Yes" He said. "I want to show you something interesting before the Board meeting" He said and I followed him.

"I started Surya group with my flesh and blood" He said. "I want you to know all of that before you take the CEO position" He said.

"I understand" I nodded.

Vijay brought the car and both of us entered inside.

"It's normal for young people to make mistakes, But the real trouble starts when they are stubborn and refuse to accept them" He said. "Arjun, Even if you somehow make any mistake, As long as you tell the truth and beg for forgiveness, I will consider forgiving you" He said.

I looked at him in surprise, What he said is not something usual, Besides, He is behaving strangely today.

"Did I make any mistake?" I asked back.

"Did you?" He turned the question around.

I know that something bad has happened, But I don't know what and I cannot guess what's happening too.