Chapter 29 ~ The Fight

Start from the beginning

Somewhere, I could hear Harry crying my name, begging for the person to stop hurting me. I wanted to hold him tight against me and make sure he wouldn't get hurt, but I couldn't right now.

Collecting all my willpower, I pulled myself up into a sitting position just when the person kicked me in the chest, making me slump back again. I winced, opening my eyes to see a mop of curls - and they weren't Harry's. Sudden anger boiled up inside me as my eyes met Mike's brown ones.

It was the bastard who had tried to ask Harry out in front of me but also planned on destroying me along with his sick dad. These two facts made it easy for me to gain power and finally get up from the floor.

Mike's brown eyes widened when he saw me standing upright, and he instantly lunged at me, swinging his fist to punch me in the cheek. Before his hand could collide with my skin, though, I grabbed it and pulled it down.

I swung my fist at him instead, aiming at his left cheek when someone suddenly let out a whimper beside me. My head snapped towards the sound, and it turned out that was the worst move I could do because the next second, Mike's fist collided with my nose, and I found myself stumbling backward and towards the floor again.

The back of my head slammed into the locker behind me as my bum hit the ground, my mouth wide agape and blood running down my nose.

Feeling exhausted all of a sudden, I knew there was nothing I could do. I so badly wanted to get up and beat the shit out of him, but after all the blows my body and head had received, it was impossible.

When I felt another kick to my stomach, I slumped against the lockers, ready to close my eyes and just wake up when this was all over with. Before I could do so though, I heard an all too familiar voice shout; "What the fuck do you think you're doing?!"

It was Zayn.

Feeling a wave of relief sweep over me, I cracked an eye open, seeing Mike being slammed against the wall beside me. I had never been so happy for having a friend like Zayn as I was right now.

"Louis!" A voice cried, and the next second I could feel myself being pulled into someone's arms. "Lou, a-are you okay?" Harry sniffled in my ear.

I hugged him tighter, resting my chin on his shoulder. "Yeah," I managed to say.

I could faintly hear how Mike was gasping for air as Zayn threw punches at him, but I really couldn't care less. He deserved every bit of it, that sick bastard.

"I thought h-he was going to make y-you unconscious," Harry hiccuped in my ear.

I stroked his curly locks with my fingers, shaking my head slightly. "Even if he did, I would've been fine. I'm not a wimp, you know?" I said, cracking a small smile and leaning back so Harry could see it.

The corner of his lips twitched upwards, making his dimples appear. I reached out to caress his cheek with the back of my hand, and my stomach did a somersault when he leaned into my touch.

"I know, Lou. I was just worried about you."

I pressed a kiss to his other cheek after wiping my mouth from the blood that had left my nose. "Even though I told you not to be?" I sighed, but the smile was still playing on my lips.

He bit his lip, looking at me innocently. "Of course. I mean, I'm your boyfriend, right? I do have the right to be worried about you."

I raised my eyebrows in amusement. "So, we're together now, huh?"

His eyes widened as he realized what he had just said, his cheeks turning a bright red. "I- I mean, we have a date on F-Friday, and I--"

I cut him off by pressing my lips to his, but not before wiping my nose that wasn't bleeding as bad as I first thought it was again. "You're so cute when you're embarrassed," I smiled against his lips. "And, I wouldn't mind being your boyfriend, Harry. I'd love to, but I don't want to rush things considering we confessed our feelings for each other only two days ago. And I've never been in a relationship before, so I don't want to fuck this up."