Chapter 22 ~ Because I Like You

**Harry's POV**

"Honey, wake up!" I heard a voice call from the other side of my bedroom door.

I groaned, rolling over to the other side of the bed, not wanting to wake up. "Okay, mom," I mumbled, but it was barely audible.

Ten minutes later, I found myself standing in front of my closet, going through my clothes. I decided to dress in a black t-shirt and a pair of black, skinny jeans.

When I finally made my way downstairs, I could make out hushed voices in the kitchen. "This boy had piercings and tattoos all over him," a voice I knew belonged to my mom said.

"Are you sure Harry wasn't forced to hang out with him? Those kinds of guys aren't his type. Harry is so innocent. He wouldn't hurt a fly," the other voice, Robin, said.

"I don't know, but I don't like it."

A frown made its way to my face as I listened to what they said. They were talking about Louis and how his appearance didn't fit with mine. Even though the two of us weren't on the best terms right now, I didn't like it when mum and now Robin spoke about him like that.

Louis may have hurt me quite deeply, but I wanted to believe that there was a heart somewhere in that body anyway.

When mom and Robin finally went silent, I stepped into the kitchen, looking down at my feet. "Good morning, sunshine. Sleep well?" Mom wondered, unaware that I had overheard her talking about me and Louis.

I nodded my head curtly, walking over to the fridge to pull out the milk. "Son, why aren't you answering your mother correctly?" Robin asked firmly, causing my body to freeze.

Not this again. First off, he wasn't my dad, and therefore, he didn't get to call me his son. Second off, I hated it when he thought he could tell me what to do with that firm voice. I was eighteen years old, and he couldn't tell me what to do.

During my entire life, I had always been that shy guy who was afraid to defend myself, but that was over now. I'd had enough.

I turned around with lightning speed, my eyes boring into his. "Because I'm sick and tired of how you two think you know me! You just go around here and think I'm still some perfect, innocent kid who is too afraid to defend himself, but guess what? People change, and I'm one of them!" I snapped, causing the room to fall silent.

Mum stared at me with wide eyes while Robin clenched his jaw together in anger. I took a step back as I saw the look on his face, my back hitting the counter behind me. I could feel goosebumps rise on my skin as I watched him approach me with long, quick strides.

"Robin," mom warned, stopping him by placing a hand on his shoulder. "Don't."

He clenched and unclenched his hands, seeming to contemplate whether to hit me or not. Finally, though, he let out a defeated sigh and looked up at me. "If you so much as dare to use that tone with either of us again, you're going to wish you never did. Is that understood?" He spat, glaring at me.

I nodded my head quickly, too scared to open my mouth and answer him with words.

"Great."

With that said, he stormed out of the kitchen, leaving me with my speechless mom in front of me. I avoided her, not wanting to look at her right now, and instead placed the milk on the counter.

I was not hungry anymore.

"H-Harry?" Mom stuttered behind me, making me close my eyes.

"Forget it, mom, I might have deserved that," I muttered without turning around to face her.