Chapter 23 ~ Smiles & Cries

Have I ever mentioned that I'm Swedish? No? Well then, I have now. Sorry for any mistakes, but now you at least know why there are mistakes every here and there :)

*************************************

Chapter 23 ~ Smiles & Cries

**Louis' POV**

Harry's eyes widened as he slapped a hand over his mouth. "I-I didn't..." he trailed off, standing up abruptly, causing his chair to fall over.

Before I had found the ability to talk, Harry disappeared out of the classroom, leaving both me and Niall dumbfounded. What just happened?

It didn't take long until Niall's mouth formed into a small smile, and I could swear I heard him mumble the word 'finally'. "What are you doing still standing there? Follow him for God's sake!" He urged me, motioning towards the door.

I just stared at him, still shocked by Harry's words.

Niall nudged my arm. "Come on, Louis. You obviously like Harry in return. This is your chance, take it!"

I swallowed hard, blinking. "I-I, what?"

"It's really damn obvious, you know? I've never really been a fan of you, but after seeing the fondness in Harry's eyes every time he looks at you, and you at him, I've decided to accept you. He really does like you, and you like him, so what are you waiting for?"

It wasn't until then I finally managed to compose myself enough to let everything sink in. Harry liked me. He actually liked me... as more than a friend? If that was true, this was for sure the best day of my life.

I finally found the ability to move my legs, and with a quick nod to Niall, I ran off towards God knows where because I had no idea where Harry could be.

The first place that popped into my head about where he could have gone was the bathroom, but considering every student at school had a break right now, it would probably be full of people, so I doubted he would be there, after all. He was most certainly at a place where he could be alone.

I rounded a corner, running on the tips of my toes so I could see over the students' heads in the hallway. Call me short, and I'll punch you in the face.

Harry was nowhere to be seen, which caused a sudden wave of panic to wash over me. I needed to find him, and that was now.

Running through the hallway, I spotted a curly-haired guy with blonde locks standing at the lockers, talking to Tarah. Although I disliked him, I decided to walk over to him. He could know where Harry was, after all. "Hey, whatever your name is, have you seen Harry?" I asked in a rush, tapping him on the shoulder impatiently.

He spun on his heel, his features hardening at the sight of me standing in front of him. "What the fuck have you done now, Tomlinson?" He growled, gritting his teeth together.

I reached my hands up in defense, taking a few steps back. "I haven't done anything. I was just wondering if you had seen him. I have to talk to him," I explained, looking around the hallway to see if he by some miracle had shown up. Obviously, he hadn't.

"Well in that case, no I haven't."

I glared at him and let out a huff before turning on my heal, regretting I had even asked him in the first place.

I started running again, but not before hearing him mutter the words 'stupid fag' behind me. If I hadn't been looking for Harry right now, I would have stopped dead in my tracks and probably kicked him in the guts, but now I was looking for Harry, and I didn't have time for a jerk like him.