4.7 [Xuanwu]

| Cultivation |

Xuanwu looked around, noticing this was the place the last time he was fetched by Rui

Xuanwu looked around, noticing this was the place the last time he was fetched by Rui. "Had time turned back, or is the artifact that powerful after all that even a god like Rui couldn't just interfere?"

He could neither make head nor tail, but he hoped Rui was somewhere fine. Knowing his other half was actually a god, he felt more reassured than before. So Xuanwu turned to face this lifetime with his initial intention; to get stronger and take hold of this world.

With that in mind, he looked beyond the active volcano and over the vista spread with trees. He swiftly left the area, feeling less lost than before his encounter with Rui. If there was something he gained from their brief reunion, it was the assurance that he was definitely not alone in this. And he was sure Rui would do something on his end as well.

He travelled by foot, and into a cavern inside the volcano. It was hot and dry, but was the perfect place to train his endurance. So he sat down crossed-legged and begun cultivating.

When next Xuanwu opened his eyes, he had broken through two more layers in *Houtian Realm, though now he was incredibly thirsty and sweaty. Yet with just a breeze invoked by his qi, he dried himself and summoned a jaded bottle with Moonlight water within. He had stolen from the Moon Lake Goddess one time, and filled an artifact he had stolen from the Emperor's Treasury. The artifact could replenish its content if there's at least a drop left inside. And since it was Moonlight water, it would help boost his cultivation level. Having broken 2 layers was enough to access his spatial storage, but only one item at a time due to energy restriction. Accessing the spatial storage consumed so much energy in his current condition.

     ⁂Reference from Martial World novel. Houtian Realm is after Pulse Condensation. In the first stage of Cultivation Path, which is Pulse Condensation, the cultivator opens the channel of the meridians so essence/qi can enter. Qi flows inside the organs and bones, and stays there. After overcoming the difficulty of absorbing the qi in the air, the cultivator then enters Houtian Realm wherein the meridians and the dantian truly connects with each other other. This initializes the first step to Pre-Celestial stage. The qi must overflow until it reaches the dantian where a stable foundation can be established.

     ⁂Meridian is along the vital areas of the body where energy usually flows.

     ⁂Dantian is the center of energy; it is usually located in the lower belly.

Just like this, Xuanwu cultivated in isolation, eventually no longer needing to eat nor sleep as often. To reach Celestial Heaven, he must ascend to godhood in this lifetime! The closer he was to godhood, the closer he was to obtaining his divine beast soul. Even if he was human right now, he could only revert back to his original entity with the help of cultivation. He discovered this over time, but it was hard to reincarnate in a cultivation world. Ancient era was the most suitable period to cultivate due to its abundance of pure energy. Further into modernization, pure energy would be scarce due to pollution, making it hard to absorb qi. Converting natural energy to pure energy/qi would be taxing.