3.9 [Tang Man]

| He Chases After Her Once Again |

Amidst the chaos and mess, the dark smoke hovered over the room with the God of Hell standing by his lonesome in the middle

By the time the Heavenly Emperor came to the rescue, only a quarter of his artifacts were left, which also greatly surprised him. Artifacts were unique because they were either cursed or blessed, but both kinds were not easy to destroy. Most of the time, when one would try to obliterate an artifact, there would be a backfire.

However, clearly the God of Hell looked fine even after destroying dozens of the said artifacts. Had he figured out the key configurations to the inscriptions? But alas, it was still regrettable that such Heaven defying things were not reduced to a few.

The Heavenly Emperor hugged the pitiful number of artifacts to his chest. His face scrunched up as if he was about to poop.

"How do I destroy the curse." It was not a question the God of Hell uttered, it was a command he needed proper answers.

With his shoulders slumped so low, the Heavenly Emperor weakly replied, "Either find the creator of the said artifact or complete the curse.." He paused only for a moment before lifting himself up off the marbled floor. "Or you can take my offer and work together with me, God of Hell."

"What have you go to say?" The God of Hell did not want to waste any more time, and obliged the Heavenly Emperor. Despite his inner turmoil, he still got his head on his shoulders.

The Heavenly Emperor was only surprised for a moment before he begun to say, "This is not the place to--"

"There's no better place like no other." The God of Hell said this while the dark smoke in the Treasure Hall thickened. It was either the Heavenly Emperor spoke once and for all, or his precious hall becomes nothing but rubble.

As expected of the God of Hell, even when he was far away from his realm, he could still summon the immensity of his influence. After all, light and darkness exist in parallel. One cannot exist without the other.

If only the Heavenly Emperor did not trick the God of Hell into experiencing three lifetimes of trials, he wouldn't be put through this. However, he had done it out of scorn thinking there was no other gods or world better than the Dao.

In fact, all gods were equal and there should be nothing to compete about. They had their own goodness and unique influence to the realms they belonged.

The Heavenly Emperor could see he had no way out of this, but to comply. So he very gently laid down his remaining artifacts and languidly sat on the marbled floor. He rested his chin on his palm that was being supported by his elbow on his lap.