4.4 [Xuanwu]

| A Little Different Than Before |

Xuanwu realized there were more and more people following him behind wherever he went

Xuanwu realized there were more and more people following him behind wherever he went. He was only able to get away from time to time thanks to his cultivation, for this art had been lost through civilization. 

Still, he found himself increasingly irritated with the chase.

This was the reason why he would always avoid human civilization when he could help it. For most of his previous lifetime, someone was always after him. Whoever that person was, their fate was almost undeniably tide together.

However, this was something Xuanwu did not want. Rather, he despised this set up very much!

Whether it was a modern or ancient era, there was someone after his life!

As a dog, he was chased like a criminal. As a fly, well... he didn't last very long.

While his mind was somewhere else, more shadows trailed after him like bees to honey. He was merely passing through a province within Yuan Dynasty!

Thanks to all these people after him, he was regaining more of his expertise in the art of killing, though he'd rather not be adept in killing people. He very much wanted to be left alone.

He continued to leap from building to building, followed after by shadows who couldn't keep up. Xuanwu could hear their curses as they watched him getting away once again.

The lifetime when he was reborn in an era where cultivation still existed as something common, he died trying to find traces of Rui. He knew it was useless to find someone in different lifetimes, but it happened once so it couldn't be impossible.

This was also one of the reasons why he kept watch over the artifacts every lifetime. Yet as expected, artifacts only came about after Common Era. In other words, whoever found a way to create these mystics existed after the establishment of Dynasties. Unfortunately, he was reborn a thousand and a half years after the Common Era was established.

So whoever founded the creation of artifacts would have long been buried hundreds of yards underground.

"Ah... Young lady, could you help this old woman with her wares for a moment?" An old woman croaked, standing beside the messy arrangement of socks of potatoes. Her cart had been overturned.

Xuanwu was just passing by in thought after having escaped from his pursuers successfully, yet now he was called by a granny along the side road. He found it suspicious, so he didn't even bother to turn as proceeded to leave unfazed.

"Haa... Tsk tsk... Youngsters nowadays..." The old woman lamented, sighing regrettably by the disappointing generation.

Xuanxu was not even guilty, his steps not faltering.

Just when Xuanwu's shadow was gone into the distance, the old woman straightened her bent back. The careless expression on her face was now gone as a youthful voice drifted into the wind.