1.7 [Tang Man]

| So Close, Yet So Far |

"Have you heard?"

"What?"

"CEO Xi was sent to a private hospital for being hijacked during his business trip!"

"Whoa, and it's only been what, a year since he took over the Xi Empire! People can really be so vicious."

"I bet someone will send another batch of assassins to end him on his bed."

"Naturally, it always happens. Remember that 23 years old young master of Nu? Suddenly, he died one day and even with the help of famous investigators, there was no trace to his demise."

"Tsk, tsk. For people like us who treasure our lives, it's better not to get too famous or rich!"

"You have to have the capability to stay there but who doesn't want to live easy?"

"Only those who are satisfied toiling every day, I guess."

In Tang Man's University, the news of Rui almost being killed spread like wildfire and chanted like a daily prayer. When she heard about his misfortune, her heart almost stopped. However, she couldn't very well go to him now. They should never meet each other again.

Rui would never admit defeat, once he was determined, he would stop at nothing. Tang Man needed to initiate the separation, to set them both free. Love is merely an emotion they can both experience once again. After all, she had loved someone once, selflessly and utterly foolish.

Although, it wouldn't hurt if she made sure he was truly fine... 

She just finished her final exams, and with that out of the way, she was free to spend two weeks of vacation. After she informed her family she would be away for three days at least, she almost couldn't get past the door. They loved her too much and she too treasured them like rare pearls. But her heart was restless knowing Rui was in the hospital, possibly badly hurt and unconscious. If needed, she would protect him in the shadows once again.

Liyun: "Tang-Tang Ah... Come back soon, I don't want to eat any more of Xin's cooking...! ಥ_ಥ"

Xin: "It's okay, Little Tang, just be careful outside. I'll be sure not to kill our brother with food poisoning. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

Liyun: "Uwwaa... Tang-Tang~"

Papa Rong: "Don't hurt yourself..."

Tang Man looked at her family as if this was the last time she'll ever see their face, and smiled her dimpled smile. She loved them all so dearly, but her heart couldn't rest easy.

"I'll be back!" She said and turned around with as much resolution she could muster, she was excited, tensed and eager; she missed him.

...Yet, by the time she would return, there would be no home waiting for her.