A Favour for Good Old Albus

"Ummm... Professor? What in Hades are you doing?" 

The older man lifted his face from the bowl (somehow the liquid didn't cling to his face at all), and gave me a tired smile. "This is a pensive, Nico. It holds my memories, so they don't clog up my head." He gave tapped his head lightly. 

I nodded as if I knew exactly what he was talking about. "Albus, it happened again."

He sighed. "The attacks?" 

"Yeah... This time about 12 dracanae, wanting me to surrender so they could 'take the boy to their master'."

"Ah yes. Another attack to get Mr Potter."

"But, one of them at the end said thanks for the lessons on how I fight, and that her master would be very pleased."

Albus frowned. "Were you trying very hard when you were fighting them?"

I almost laughed. Of course, I didn't! "No, I did not."

I could sense his releif. Then he tensed. "Who saw it? Where was it?"

I frowned. "In the Hogs Head Pub. Around 30 kids, as well as a couple of adults and whoever saw them coming in."

Dumbledore had to hide his terrified face, but I could see through him, whch I guess a lot of people can't do. "Oh my..."

"Exactly why I came straight here. I have no idea if the kids will spread the news, but the adults certainly will. I didn't know what to do." I confessed. 

"There has only been one huge obliviation in history; 1920's New York. This is huge, and I'm guessing the rumours have spread already. We need the Ministry to think this is a rumour, no more. And if that doesn't work, they will close down Hogsmeade, and try and close down Hogwarts."

I nodded. "We need to be ready for an attack. Those Dracanae were the second scouters, meaning the full army is on the way. I have no idea if the monsters will be even more powerful with a wizard commander, but we need to be ready."

Dumbledore had an expression, unlike anything I had seen before on the older wizards face. Fear. Absolute fear. This man didn't want his children, the children in HIS care, to be hurt. He wanted them to be strong. "Nico, I want to ask you a favour."

"Okay?"

Albus took a deep breath. "I wish you to teach that group of children that were forming a defence class and the 7th years how to fight."

I was astounded. Me? "You knew about the group?"

"Of course."

"Yes... Okay." 

He nodded appreciatively. "Thanks, Nico. I will give you a teaching slot for time to teach the 7th years, and I'm sure you can manage with your group." 

Well, there you go. Nico Di Angelo, a teacher.