𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"There's too many," he mumbled under his breath, just as Isabelle's necklace started pulsing again, alerting them of the demons. Jax still had his eyes shut when a pair of hands grabbed him by the arm and started pulling him away. When he reopened them, he saw Isabelle's nails digging into his skin as she broke into a run, dragging the werewolf along with her.

"There's too many!" he said again, louder this time. He pulled his hand away from her grip, causing Isabelle to look back at him in bewilderment. "What are you-"

"There's way too many demons out there," Jax said, his voice laced with a hint of urgency. Then he reached to her belt and pulled out a dagger. Not the perfect weapon to fight off demons but he supposed it would do just fine. Jsx only managed to get a glimpse of Isabelle's bewildered face before he turned around and went back the other way. "I need to help him, he'll never make it all by himself!" he yelled, but his last words were barely audible to the Shadowhunter as he'd gotten further away from her.

He could Isabelle yelling after him but he ignored every single one of her calls. In his mind, he prayed that she wasn't stupid enough to try and get him to come with her. No, she needed to make sure that Clary and the Cup was safe. The Cup was their priority. But a certain raven haired Shadowhunter, was his.

With that thought in mind, he ran faster to get to the Lightwood that had managed to capture his heart. The same Lightwood who had been foolish enough to act heroic and decline his help. This time, Jax would make sure that the Shadowhunter didn't get a say in that matter.

He heard the fight before he saw it. He heard the groan of an arrow as it was being unleashed from its bow, the satisfying sound as the arrow met its target, and the painful scream of the demon that came along with it. And when he finally rounded the corner, that was when he saw it.

Alec Lightwood was shooting arrows left and right, hitting every demon that tried to come close. Alec sent his arrows flying faster than Legolas but the werewolf knew that the number of demons would soon overwhelm the Shadowhunter. Alec's attention was divided between so many demons that he didn't notice one slipping past him until it came too close.

The Shadowhunter closed his eyes, waiting for the pain to overcome him but he felt nothing. Until he opened his eyes to see that the demon was now laying unmoving on the floor, a dagger implanted deep in the side of his head. Immediately, he turned to his right in shock, even more so as he watched the cursed werewolf standing there.

"What? Wouldn't be the first time I've saved your life," Jax grinned. "I doubt it'd be the last."

"You-" Alec started but a set of tentacles reaching out and grabbing his face stopped him from forming anymore words. Slowly, the tentacles started moving down from his face to his neck, where they gave it a rough squeeze-one that left Alec gasping for air.

Jax knew he had to help, but he knew he was practically useless when he was in his human form. He balled his fists and willed himself to shift. He felt his bones cracking under his skin, fur started to grow, and before he knew it, he was already growling at the demon that was holding Alec. The demon turned his head towards the sound and Alec, using this to his advantage, made use of his long legs and he kicked the demon straight in its abdomen.

It let out a hiss of pain and released its hold on the Shadowhunter, causing Alec to fall down to the ground. As he regained his breath, the demon was finished off by Jax, who made quick work off snapping the demon's neck. He really didn't like the taste of demon blood on his tongue.