Chapter 48: Reunion and Surprise

Eh?!

Why are they here?!

.....

A minute ago...

As soon as I felt the glare coming closer towards our location, I transformed myself into my shadow form in a split second, determined to attack once I see the enemies' whereabouts. I was expecting a group of enemies to come at us, that's why I prepared my Shadow Bind in case there were a lot of them and we couldn't handle it.

Suddenly, a strong gust of wind pressed upon us as something began falling towards us at high speeds. I couldn't make out its shape since the sky was already dark but I could definitely see a few sparks and a glint here and there. But whatever it is, it's really approaching us fast!

Two hooded figures hopped out of that something as soon as it was about to land, before my eyes even adjusted, that something gone in a flash and the only one's left are the hooded figures. Everyone took a step backwards and put their guards up.

"That was quite a trip, huh!" The hooded person with a bigger build commented. "It was so stormy up there."

"You were the one who suggested that we ride the Blue Phoenix going here." The other person said. Judging from her voice, I think she's  a girl. But there voice does seem familiar though.

Wait?! Blue Phoenix?!

"You were the one who suggested that we do it."

Mr. and Mrs. Yukine?!

Eh?!

What are they doing here? Why are they here?! I thought as I reverted to my human form.

"Oh, what's up, Hikari?" Mr. Yukine greeted. "You've gotten quite better at shifting between your shadow and normal form. But your sense enhancement still needs a little improvement." He continued as he made a thumbs-up. 

"You mean, you saw..." I muttered as I thought how foolish I was when I was chasing Kirihara and the others.

"No, I watched the whole thing." He chuckled as he patted me on the back. "But you were able to redeem yourself by catching them with their guards down."

"Yeah, nont bad at all." Someone from behind added. 

I immediately jumped in surprise and turned around, preparing myself for s surprise attack. Wait? Master Ryu?! How long have you been there? I didn't even notice!

"He's been there the whole time, Hikari." Saika told me, responding to my thoughts. 

Eh?!

He's been there, all this time?!

"Yep! You didn't notice?" Master Ryu smiled. "As expected of my disciple, you still have room for growth!"

Because of our commotion, the door of the house suddenly slammed open and Yume's aunt and uncle came barging outside with panic. "What's going on?!" They shouted as they tried to find their niece from the crowd. Yume thought that her aunt and uncle would sigh in relief after seeing that there aren't any trouble. But to everyone's surprise, Yume's aunt and uncle stared at them in horror, as if they had seen something of taboo. For a split second, everyone was speechless. Then, Yume's uncle slowly lifted his hand and pointed shakily at Master Ryu and the Blue Fire. "The Shadow Manipulator and the Blue Fire? Am I dreaming?" He nervously asked himself.

"Yep, the one and only, or should I say, the one and only duo, Riko and Kuro-san." Master Ryu replied.

"B-but I thought...you died back then? H-how..." Yume's aunt muttered.