Chapter 43: Tri-Prism

"Well, do you get it now?" The Ghost Assassin asked, trying to provoke him. "Now, why don't you come at me and let's begin?"

Master Ryu just looked at him and smiled. He knew that the Ghost Assassin is always up for tricks everytime he tries to assassinate someone and he knew that such low tricks wouldn't work on him. It's like trapping a guy who's already got a trapped laid out for you and before you know it, you get caught in a split second. The Ghost Assassin didn't know if Master Ryu was faking his smile or not, but he knew that trying to provoke him was a terrible choice, after all. "I must say, I'm not surprised." Master Ryu began talking. "After all, you're the only one left standing in this building. I didn't know that you have gotten too blind after being successful on all of your assassination missions. I mean, you didn't even see that I have no shadow right now. Wait, oh, here it is." 

A shadow began gliding towards Master Ryu, and then it attached itself into Master Ryu's soles. "Now that I'm done taking this organization down, I guess I should finish you off."

So that's why he was weaker. He was apparently fighting two battles at the same time. You never cease to surprise me. The Ghost Assassin said to himself "Sounds good to me. It's about time I finish you off as well."

In a split second, Master Ryu shifted to his shadow form and went behind the Ghost Assassin. He immediately swung his shadow sword as he reverted to his human form, aiming the blade towards the Ghost Assassin's hips. However, Master Ryu waas only able to hit thin air since the Ghost Assassin dodged the attack by the skin of teeth. "Oh, that was close." The Assassin commented.

Shadow Bind.

Master Ryu charged towards the Assassin as soon as he fell off balance. The shadow bind was spot on! With one mighty blow, Master Ryu landed a hit on the Ghost Assassin's shoulder. "What?!" Master Ryu exclaimed.

The Ghost Assassin was able to catch the shadow sword as soon as it hit his left shoulder. "Really, close!" The Ghost Assassin gritted his teeth.

With one swift motion, the Ghost Assassin pulled a dagger from his sleeves and cut the shadow bind wrapped around his ankles. "Well, that was fun, but I'll be off now." The Assassin told him. "My job's done here so, let's play again some other time." 

Suddenly, smoke filled the entire corridor as the Ghost Assassin threw a smoke bomb. Unfortunately, Master Ryu can't detect his irregular energy nor his presence even though he had used his sense enhancement to the maximum. When the smoke finally cleared, there was no sign of the Ghost Assassin anymore nor the scuffle that they just had. "I guess I should move and finish things up." Master Ryu said to himself, shifting to his shadow form.

Just hang in there, Saika. Master Ryu thought. I'm coming.

.....

"The winner of the fight should be able to keep up with my Blue Phoenix so..." The Blue Fire said "That Familiar will have the chance to fight my Blue Phoenix. And meanwhile, The Light Bringer here will guard the men captured by Hikari so everyone can focus on the fight."

Rindou nodded at me. "I can do it, master. After all, I'm not an ordinary Familiar." She declared.

Okay, but stop with the master already! I thought.

The trees began to rustle as a cool breeze blew towards us. Everyone positioned themselves while getting ready for the competition. It was really evident that they were all looking forward to them due to the glint in their eyes. Meanwhile, Dad began looking proudly at us as he was watching the poachers that I caught. The intense air of battle was beginning to encompass us as Dad broke the silence.