Chapter 29: Kirihara the Shadow

As soon as I removed the necklace from my neck, I suddenly felt a sudden surge of power welling up inside me, as if I was a cluster grenade that's ready to disperse projectiles. I could feel my heart beating fast as blood rushed in my whole body. From my chest, a spreading hotness could be felt likened to the feeling when my skin got burnt before.

Except that the burning sensation is rapidly getting hotter and hotter.

I felt a powerful white light being emitted from my body as I released the Irregular energy stored inside me. The sudden surge made me feel numbness and blankness at the same time. For a brief moment, I couldn't hear anything, nor could I see anything except the white light that has been swallowing me.

My consciousness began drifting away from me as I struggled to continuously release energy.

I've experienced something worse from awhile ago. I told myself as I began to fall down. This shouldn't be any worse.

Master Ryu.

Blue Fire.

Mitsumi and Mrs. Yukine.

I wonder if they are okay.

A series of flashbacks began flashing inside my brain: the time when Master Ryu made me his successor, when I bumped Mitsumi while going to school, the time when I saved Mrs. Yukine from the thieves, and the time when I got attacked by Mr. Yukine. 

I didn't even get to say goodbye to them, much less to my parents, to Hana, Yuki, Yume, Saika, and Aki-san. I forced a smile as the white light eventually swallowed me.

Now, I'm even regretting that I haven't said my farewell to Sekai. 

What's wrong with me, seriously? 

My conscious completely left me, as I began to think of the people I know. Instead of the white light, I began to get completely swallowed by darkness.

.....

The Love Bridge.

Spanning a hundred-meters long, the love bridge is the most famous attraction in the town. On this particular time, the sun was just beginning to rise up. The once dark sky began to shift into a violet hue as the sun continued to creep out of the horizon. The love bridge, with the newly repaired steel rails, glistened brightly as ever against the sun. A few people could be seen walking in it.

It was a regular day.

It's usually a day where people admired the view of the dawn from the love bridge.

Glide.

The people on the love bridge were too preoccupied of the view that they didn't notice it. It was a shadow, gliding at high speeds on the concrete of the bridge. Although there was nothing moving on the sky, the shadow continued to move as if it wasn't part of anything.

As if it was a different entity.

And it was.

Wow, normal people seem to be enjoying themselves right now. Well, I guess I don;t have time to copy their actions. Kirihara said to himself as he glided faster. Right now, I need to rewrite history. This is my chance. If I fail, then, I wouldn't be in the history at all. He said to himself while laughing inwardly.

Hikari! Wait for me.

A few hours ago, Kirihara had received an emergency letter, telling him that the Black Wolf is going to be attacked by the Shadow Manipulator and his disciple. Due to the recent events in his life, Kirihara is a part of the Black Wolf organization ever since he was kidnapped.