Chapter 12 ~ Adam James

Start from the beginning

"Bliss was being stalked. It was the school dance, when Bliss got kidnapped by Matt," Dylan paused, probably searching for words as well. "Lucas & I went looking for Bliss until we found her."

"That's good, then how could he get hurt?" Adam demanded, almost sounding angry.

"Matt had Bliss at gunpoint & Lucas jumped in front of her & got shot."

A long time went by with no words. "So I guess I missed the funeral?" he asked, life drained from his voice. I nodded. "He always wanted to die a hero." & the conversation ended with that said.
"So, you guys are in love, tell me how that happened." I blushed at Adam's true statement.

"It's a long story," I warned, happy to change the subject.

"I've got time. It's not like I'm going to work tomorrow, now that I'm awake, catching up with one of my best friends & his girl," he smiled an 'Adam' smile. There had to be a name to his smile because every time he smiled, I found myself staring.

"We sat next to each other in science & talked. One thing led to another & we were kissing," I said quickly.

"What? No, tell the story right, Bliss!" Dylan laughed. I was about to rethink my storytelling when Dylan started talking again. "So I was late to the first day of school, senior year. There were only two empty seats left in my first class, science. I figured I was the last student to walk through the door that day, but I was wrong," he smiled. Opening his mouth to continue, I quickly beat him to it.

"My best friend, Emma & I were also late. Not by much at first. We actually would have made it on time if I hadn't tripped. It of course had to be near the lake where there was mud & dirt everywhere," I couldn't help but grin by the look on Adam's face.

"Great start to a day," Adam commented.

I smirked. "I broke my left high heel."

...

Dylan, Adam, & I were still sharing memories of...well, everything by 4am. Adam was so much fun to be around. He has the same sense of humor as Lucas had. Meaning, there were a lot of sarcastic smirks throughout the conversations. Dylan almost never stopped laughing. "& then Lucas & I told the girls that we were actually football players too," Adam laughed.

"Oh God, I remember that! Raeann was so mad that over half of her friends were so called, 'in love' with you guys," Dylan said.

"Yeah, but you know she was mad only because her friends had crushes on Lucas!" I'm sure the neighbors weren't loving all of the extra noise, but I laughed anyway.

"if you don't mind me asking, why did you & your sister stop talking?" I asked Adam after it was quiet for awhile. It was really bugging me that I didn't know, but I also felt like I was asking Adam a way-to-personal question.

Adam looked at me & held my gaze. He had a way of doing that. "She became werewolf obsessed & went off killing them. She became a werewolf hunter. One day Raeann just took off. She left home without a word. But of course you both know that she's a werewolf hunter," he said.

"Whoa, you know about the wolves & vampires & ...I don't know what else!" I almost yelled. Adam nodded simply.

"I know enough," he said.

"Um...Adam, you do need to know one more thing about werewolves. You too Bliss," Dylan said, sounding serious. "Raeann is a werewolf."

"Hunter," Adam added, sounding confused.

"Well, yeah that's true too. She's a werewolf hunter that's also a werewolf," Dylan said.

"How?" Adam shouted. I figured I should stay quiet for this issue.