Chapter twenty eight ~ good boy

Start from the beginning

"Now sit my boy!" Seunghyun ordered again. Hoseok slowly sank down down the wall, sitting on the floor.

"Good boy!! Very good!" He smiled. The ones who didn't know him might have taken that as a sincere smiling. "You're learning!"

At that moment, he heard footsteps and someone calling out Yoongi's name from the corridor. He eyed Jiyong signalling that they should get going. He walked further and further away from Hoseok to the door, next to his friend and Yoongi.

"Now my boy, fetch!" and he threw the phone across the room with all his strength. While Hoseok made a run for his phone and Yoongi was distracted, Jiyong let go of him and the two bullies slipped through the door. Jimin didn't know how they looked like so they just walked past him unnoticed.

Hoseok knew. He knew he didn't have any possible way of reaching his new phone before it was too late. It was physically impossible to run through all those desks before the phone hit the wall and crashed into pieces. He wasn't even there when he heard the sound of glass shattering.

He felt like he was going to vomit, to faint when he saw the phone. He broke down crying as he took it. He only calmed a little when Yoongi reached him and put a hand in his back. He used to wince at any kind of physical contact after all those times Seunghyun went too far, but Yoongi's comforting touch was always welcome. He buried his head on Yoongi's shoulder and hugged him tightly till Jimin found them.

He wouldn't have cared much if the phone hadn't been a gift. His friends were the most important parts of his life and he loved them deeply. He hated seeing them sad. How could he look at Tae in the face without imagining his expression when he saw the condition his gift was in? He worked so hard to please his friends, to make them happy, to make them smile yet he always somehow ended up letting them down.

Jimin helped Hoseok stand up. He asked if Hoseok was hurt. Unable to speak, Hoseok just shook his head. Then he looked up to Yoongi and he saw the small red bump on his head and asked what it was. Yoongi explained not daring to look Jimin in the eye. Jimin felt like falling when he heard all that had just happened. He hated himself for not trying hard enough.

Jimin took his friends to the infirmary after slipping the phone into his pocket. (although there needed to be at least 50 witnesses to call that piece of metal and broken glass 'a phone')

After seeing them being taken care of by Miss Pomfrey, Jimin went to his class. He was lost in thought. He barely ever talked with Jungkook and Taehyung the whole lesson. There was only one thing in his mind: how to make the bullies leave his friends alone and how to best take revenge.

When it was lunchtime, Jimin rushed to the infirmary to find his friends still resting there. Hoseok didn't really have new injuries but he had old bruises that needed to be tended to. Plus, he was too shaken to listen a lesson right now. He was crying lightly when Jimin walked in.

"What am I going to tell him Jimin?!" He was too stressed and too sad to even think of precising what he meant by that, but Jimin understood that he was talking about Taehyung.

"Come on. Come with me, both of you." He eyed Yoongi. He was lying down with an ice bag on his head. The boys obeyed in silence and stood up. They walked to the cafeteria and went directly to the table Tae and Jungkook were sitting, without getting food from the buffet first.

Jimin took the phone out from his back pocket and put it right in front of Taehyung.

"What is this?" he asked, lifting his head to face Jimin. He then turned his head to see Hoseok on the verge of tears.

"What happened Hoseokie?" His face softened. "Sit down please." he gestured to the seat in front of you. They obeyed.

"I was running... it fell from my pocket. I'm so sorry Taehyung please forgive me."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, the phone looked too bad for just have fallen of someone's pocket.

"Hoseok. The truth." Jimin's voice was both soft and demanding at the same time.

"I-" Hoseok started and immediately broke down crying again. "I'm sorry." he managed to say between his sobbs.

"I'll tell." Yoongi intervened. "Hoseokie didn't break his phone." He put an assuring hand on his boyfriend's back. "It was tossed across the room by an ass."

"By whom?!"

"Choi Seunghyun." Hoseok answered covering his face. Taehyung put his head in his hands, Jungkook looked straight up horrified.

"Let me guess," Jungkook started. "They told you to join their gang and do their homeworks and run their errands and that they'd make you popular. And you guys refused. Seunghyun's father is an old friend of the headmaster and he funds the school."

Everyone looked at him with widened eyes.

"Yes..." Yoongi said, his voice was questioning.

"Yugyeom." Jungkook looked at Tae guiltily. "He was one of Tae's exes, we kind of became friends after they broke up and Yugyeom came to me one night, drunk and heartbroken. Most of Tae's exes came to me when they broke up actually, as I always tried to be nice to them while they were dating him." Jungkook looked around before continuing with the story. "I didn't say anything to Tae when I found out he had been being bullied since the beginning of the year. He didn't want anyone to learn. I didn't push him, I didn't do anything but to console him really..." He looked disappointed in himself.

He sighed. "He left the school next year."

"Is that why he-" Taehyung looked shook.

"Yeah.."

"I never knew-"

"He didn't want you to know." Jungkook looked down for a second before raising his head to look at Yoonseok directly in the eyes. "I was a coward. I didn't want to get involved because I feared they might hurt me too. I-" he shook his head. "I was too stupid and too selfish to help someone struggling. I will help you now though. We are going to solve this together, we're a team. I'll do anything to get back on those assholes." He smiled.

"Yes. We're going to help you through this." Taehyung agreed. "Now you three, get yourself some food and we'll talk this over."

end of chapter twenty eight~

Yugyeom and jungkook^