She gave him a questioning look, "What?"

He didn't dare face her. He loved her so he had to let her go. No matter how much it hurt. He had to protect her from what was to come.

From how the world would treat his family.

"You should go," He muttered loud enough for her to hear, "You don't have to stay," He sighed, "You shouldn't stay."

"No!! We're going to be okay, we're gonna make it through this. I'm staying with you all, I'm not leaving."

Do it. For goodness sakes, just do it.

Don't make him say it.

It wasn't going to be pretty.

"Please, Elizabeth. You don't have to be dragged down like the rest of us this time. You don't have to be taunted again like we were after World War 1 and are now. It's going to get worst soon, Eliza please." He begged.

This was hurting him way more than her.

"No," She whispered while walking to him. She stood in front of him but he still wouldn't dare to look at her.

Please leave.

She hugged him, "You're my family and family stays together."

Austria's heart broke.

He had to say it, it was the only way for her to leave at this point.

It was for her own good.

"You're not blood."

He felt her arms drop.

Hungary looked shocked before her face started to fill with sadness, "I- I thought..... after all we've been through..... You...." She didn't know what to say.

After all, he was right.

She wasn't blood.

And water may be sweet but blood is and always will be thicker.

Blood was a bond.

That she didn't have.

Only few nations were actually blood related. Such as Ireland, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales or the Germanics or for another example of a blood related family.

North and South America.

But even though many weren't related to any by blood. That didn't mean they couldn't create a family.

Just look at China and his siblings. Or England, France, and Spain and their kids.

That family was huge.

But apparently since she........ after all they had been through. Prussia had been her first friend? Nah... maybe frienemy. He had been with her when she thought she was a boy. And many years later she had married Austria, yeah they had divorced but still....

After all that, she wasn't blood.

She and Austria had raised North Italy together.

And after the divorce they still had remained close.

And what about when she stay with the Germanics during and after World War 1.

It all must have not mattered. Because after all of that, she still wasn't seen as blood.

Just an outsider

She nodded at him amd turned to leave, "Okay." She started walking to the door, "You know, I thought you were smarter than that Austria. I thought you knew that blood, for us nations, is just a bodily fluid. And it doesn't determine whose family or not."