Chapter Twenty-Seven

Everything and anything was now not the same.

I knew it would not take long for things to change, but it never registered how quickly things will adapt and change. I wanted to not only freeze time for a moment so i could get my mind together but also press the skip button right over it, just so i knew i was not living in this moment anymore. How it had only been a week since the incident, a few days since he held me with no one around. Just a moment of us.

Peaceful between us for the first time in our relationship and time together, it was beautiful while it lasted.

Now, back to this situation. I was sat with my legs crossed in front of me on the floor with Alana behind me as she brushed through my hair and slowly starting to part it for her to put it into two french plaits. The mirror in front of me as i watched her movements, as she tucked her tongue between her teeth as she concentrated on it. My best friend beats all the odds i could ever imagine.

Not only has she been with me through the roughest part of my life so far that has happened, she has also helped me raise above it. Especially when she found me crying in a curled up ball one morning when Xavier had to leave to do duty's, quickly pulling me out the duvet and up right and telling me i am Celeste motherfucking Devon, a true Queen in my own form and that i should be showing them my strengths because this will make me stronger.

She even dragged me to the gym for once, telling me to get it out in my fighting because crying is tearing my wolf apart instead of strengthening her.

At first, i wanted to smack her and tell her to leave me to grief in peace this way but after a few punches to the punching bag, i felt more alive than ever. I could slowly feel the power back up as every hit energised my wolf with the same emotion, the cold reality was that i had my child beaten out of me but i will fight back harder, i am stronger. I'm going to be the Luna and i will avenge my loss.

There is a meeting currently going on with Xavier and all the higher people in the pack, i knew that none thought i was strong enough or ready to take it on, they all presumed i was not stable to take on the control of a Luna. Xavier's thoughts was not as quiet as he had wished for them to be, but i never told him that.

What i had learnt though was Liam had been training Alana to help her be able to fight because she had decided that as soon as she found out i was going to be the Luna, that she wanted to be one of the main people to protect me if we was under attack. That my best friend wanted to train to be my personal fighter. I was thrilled but also pissed that she would want to risk her life for me ever like that. Her words was, your my sister and i would do it for you even if you wasn't my Luna.

Blessed to have her as my best friend. Watching as she sat back onto her legs as she tied the hair tie round the last plait with a smile, her hands going onto my shoulders as she grins at me in the mirror. "Ready to go show them who is the boss" she says, while wiggling her eyebrows up and down, i let out a laugh but nodded as we both got up from the floor.

Walking down to the room was nervous for me, i had spent the past week hiding from everyone in the pack as i had not want to see the sympathy looks, nor for them to cry when staring at me as i had still limped slightly with the walks i took. My healing feeling like it was a lot slower than normal but knowing it was the fact of losing something, it's a cut that never heals without a nasty scar. 

Giving Alana a small smile as we reached the bottom of the stairs, raising my head up high as i dropped my facial expression to keep it neutral, i could feel all the stares suddenly look round and notice me but backing down now was not in my nature, i was hot headed and stubborn. No one will ever take them traits away from me, i may have set backs but they will just make me more powerful.