Chapter Twenty-Four

Taking a deep intake of breath as i nestled on the bed with Xavier sat behind me with his back against the head board. Wrapping his arms tightly round my form and keeping his legs locked either side of me to keep me close to him, feeling safe in his arms and presence. Xavier kept one arm wrapped tightly round my waist and used his other hand to move all my hair to one side.

Pressing a light kiss above my mark, then rubbing his nose up my cheek and pressing a light kiss against my jaw. The sparks and tingles coming alive as i felt his breath against my cheek. "I love and adore you, whenever you are ready to talk. I am here ready to hold you and be your strength"

Smiling at his words as i cupped my hands over his arms that held me tight, the tingles keeping my wolf calm as i thought through all the words that i need to tell him, all the feelings and emotions that i hid. This conversation was not going to be easy going for either of us.

'No matter what, even if I beg you to do not build the wall up. Make sure it stays down for him' I said to my wolf as i took a deep breath in, letting my lungs fill up with the air as the anxious feeling sent shooting sparks right down to my toes. The pounding in my chest becoming more vicious as i had to fight myself from stopping the words of saying I'm fine coming out.

Vulnerability has never been my strong suit but for my mate and this moment, i'll push the dreading feeling of being exposed to one side.

'I'll keep the link and wall down, for our health and our mate' my wolf responded, the love and security i felt from her gave me a bigger push. I was beyond lucky to have her as my wolf and the new found love from her tipped the scales to let my emotions be naked and raw to my Xavier.

Xavier pressed a gently kiss to my hairline and gently rubbed his nose against my cheek but not saying a word to let me get me thoughts together. More than relieved that he is not pushing me to get it out in the open, just reassuring me with his presence.

"What's the first thing you want to know?" I whispered to him as my eyes stared ahead of us.

Hearing him take a sharp intake as both his arms wrapped securely around my waist to hold my closer to him as he put his head against my neck. "When did you find out?" He asked, his breath tickling against my skin. Swallowing back the lump as i tightened my hands on his arms.

"The day you left, i went to the doctor and found out" I whispered to him, i felt his arms tense up at the information.

"But you never told me, mindlinked me and no one had the information in their link" he said, i nodded my head as i let out a shaky breath. My heart thumping loudly in my chest as Xavier pressed a light kiss against my mark to help calm the aching movement behind my ribs.

"The day you saw me coming out of the doctors office, do you remember that?" I asked gently, trying not to choke over my words. I felt him nod against my skin, my body relaxing as he run his nose against my neck to help ease my tension.

"I went there asking about heat, wanting to understand how mine will work as i gone into heat before you marked me. She told me to wait a week before running any test just to see if it does come back in that time but it never did. I didn't tell you what I went there for because I refuse to let you worry over nothing"

I paused, squeezing my eyes shut as now i know it is the wrong thing to do. I should of told him my thoughts and feelings on the situation so he could help me. Instead I left him in the dark, making him worry even more. "Then the two weeks passed and i blocked you from my thoughts as i knew you had training to be the next Alpha, worrying you over nothing was not in my to do list"