Chapter Thirty-One

My whole body was sore, every muscle in me felt on fire and ache to the core. Sweat covered my skin as a blanket as I lay in the most uncomfortable position with my cheek pressed against the cold floor and my eyes shut tightly.

Xavier let out a low whistle, making me open one of my eyes to watch as he kneeled down in front of me with no top on and a bottle of water in one hand. "Maybe I started to rough with the training" he says, watching him take in my form. The pain going across his features as he did so.

Letting out a low grunt as I shut my eyes again. "You think" I mumbled, my words being silenced by how pressed I was against the floor right now. My whole body just feeling on fire. A low chuckle escaped my mate at my words, opening my eyes to look at him as he stared at me with amusement.

"Now I know how Alana felt when I trained her" I mumble, he only shook his head with the amusement still across his beautiful features. "But I never went this rough with her"

"You always said you like it rough"

The smirk going across his lips as I growled at him, but couldn't move a muscle. The teasing in his tone as he watched me as a crumbled up mess on the cold tiled floor in the training room for higher rank wolves.

"If I could move to flip you off right now, I would" I grumbled out, shutting my eyes again. "So please be a lovely mate and imagine I am to you"

Laughter filled the air from Xavier, it was deep and spread tingles through me. The purring coming from my wolf at the sound, happiness settling deep in my chest even with the pain I was feeling right now from the training session.

Trying my hardest not to complain to him about the pain, simply as he is allowing me to train and the fact he is doing it himself and making sure I can defend myself in any situation, makes me love him even more.

The start of us, was bad. I will hold my hands up and say a huge problem for us was me. Going about things the wrong way, not communicating, being selfish. The mistakes being made, was of actions I had done and I know I need to learn from them. To not think of just a trained warrior who only knows how to fight or flight.

I need to be a Luna and a mate for Xavier, above anything else. To put my mate and his emotions first, to take in his health with the decisions I make.

The things I do and say no longer just have an impact on myself, there is now an us. It impacts him, just as much. If not more considering he is an Alpha.

"Come on darling" Xavier says, his arms going under my body to turn me over and lift me up into them. Tingles dancing across my skin as I lay my head onto his shoulder, a happy sigh leaving my lips as I lean further into him. Goddess he feels like home to me.

Xaviers arms tighten on me as he walks towards the door to take us out the room. "Let's go have a hot bath to relax your muscles, then food." The words vibrating through me as I lean further into him. "Sounds good" I mumble.

The laughter escaped him again, but not as loud this time. The silence surrounding us as he made his way through the building to our bedroom.

Thankful not to bump into anyone on the way.

Avoiding people has been my only strategic right now, which unfortunately means I've also pushed my best friend away too. Alana doesn't mean harm but I can see the sad glances she has when she looks towards my stomach, as much as she tries to mask it. I can read her like an open book and I don't want to snap at her.

I want her on my side, for now though I need to gain my strength to grieve properly and heal the wound. To also bond with my mate, the correct way.