19

---

ashton

"Ashton?" Harry's voice sounded from the opposite end of the line.

"Hey, Harry. Are you busy?" I quietly asked as I paced back and forth in the middle of my room.

"Are you ok?" Harry asked instead of answering my question. I could easily hear the worry in his voice.

I let out a sigh as I went and sat down on the edge of my bed and then I said, "Not really."

"Ashton, what happened?" Now his worry is very clear.

"Can you come over? I mean, only if you are not busy. It's ok if you can't," I told him. This time I'm the one who ignored his question.

"No, I'm not busy. I'll be there." Harry said and I heard some shuffling in the background.

"Ok. Thanks, Haz," I said.

"You haven't called me that in a while," Harry commented.

I smiled small, though I know Harry can't see it, and then I said, "Yeah..."

"I missed that."

"Me too."

"Ok, Ash. I'll be there soon."

We both then hung up and I threw my phone on the bed before I lay back down and then let out a sigh. Harry lives two hours away so I got two hours to spare before he arrives. I don't really have any idea what to do in that two hours.

The reason I called Harry is that I need him. I need his counsel. I need his advice. He is always that one person who listens to all of my ramblings and rants about every little shit and he never judges and he always knows what to say. Maybe talking to him about everything would clear up my mind and I will be able to figure out what to do with everything. And also...I need my brother.

I let out another sigh and sat up. Michael is home so maybe I should just hang out with him. I haven't really hung out with Michael in a while. Yes, we live in the same apartment and we mostly go to the same place together - parties and stuff - but we never actually hang out like how we used to. It's all my fault though...I pushed him away and shut him out when shit went down in my life. But despite all that, he never left me. He stayed with me and took care of me. I am more than lucky to have him in my life but I don't think I deserve him.

He has done so much for me even though I was a very shitty person towards him. He even moved with me here even though he didn't have to and he wasn't supposed to yet. He begged his parents to let him stay with me and it was all so he could take care of me and keep an eye on me. Despite that, I still treated him like shit. He was always thinking of me and putting me first and I couldn't even do that to him in return.

Michael is a really good man and the best and truest friend, and he deserves a best friend who won't treat him like I did. Perhaps I should start to be that best friend and be a better person than who I am.

I stood up from my bed and headed out of my room to Michael's room. The door was slightly open so I didn't knock and just got inside. He was playing some tunes on his guitar and hasn't noticed me since he has his back on me.

"Are you still writing songs?" I asked, making him immediately turn around with a surprised look on his face. I know why he reacted like that. He wasn't startled by me but surprised by the fact that I am here in his room.

"Ash? What are you doing here in my room?"

See? He's surprised I'm here.

I gave him a smile and sat down on the edge of his bed and said, "I got nothing to do so I figured I should just hang out with you."