HTR: Ch. 11~ Date Night

RECAP:

Hi!" Mandy chirped. "Sorry I'm late, Chevy, your mom got me held up. I told her not to come to Cyn's house and murder you. Good luck when you get home."

I rolled my eyes. "We'd better get going, Justin."

"Yeah. Nice meeting you," he did an awkward salute to my friends and I giggled.

One thought kept me from having a great time in the car with Justin as he animatedly told me hilarious stories. My mom.

I wonder what I was going to come home to.

Chapter 11:

Wow.

I couldn't help comparing Kyle and Justin. I'm sorry. But really-- between Kyle's rudeness and Justin's niceness, they were like night and day. Justin was polite, Kyle was not. Justin cared about my opinion, Kyle doesn't. Simple as that.

So I was pleasantly surprised when he drove up to one of those movie grills where you got to eat while watching the movie. Dinner and a movie, rolled into one.

"Yay, I love this place!" I exclaimed, hopping out of the car like a bunny rabbit, changing my direction as I almost landed on a weird-looking spilt Diet Coke that had obviously been in the parking lot for a good while.

"Good, I'm glad! So, what do you want to see?" Justin asked, absentmindedly hooking our fingers together. I blushed.

"Um, I don't know, I have no clue what's on. What about you?"

"Hmm, I'm not sure. What kinds of movies do you like?"

"Probably action/romance. You?"

"Same. What about the new Amazing Spiderman?"

"Cool, I've been wanting to see that." I grinned.

Justin ordered the tickets and gave me money for the snack bar while he got us seats and I told him what food I wanted. I then picked out a packet of Skittles and some Jolly Ranchers for Justin.

Making my way back to the movie theater, I found Justin talking to someone on his right, the space on his left open for me. I sat down and gave him his candy, glancing that the girl he was talking to.

"Woah, hey, Sydney!" I sort-of smiled at the cheerleader, and she sort-of smiled back.

"Chevy! Nice to see you. Is Justin your date?"

"Um, yes," I said, blushing.

"How do you guys know each other?" Justin asked, leaning back in his chair and popping a Jolly Rancher in his mouth.

"Well, Sydney is the head cheerleader for our school, and my two best friends are good cheerleaders."

"Yes. Cynthia and Amanda have some talent. It is you who needs to work on balance," Sydney muttered.

I hoped she was semi joking. "Uh, yeah, I guess."

"Well, Justin, have fun on your date. I'll give you two a little privacy. See you at home, bro."

I wrinkled my nose as Sydney walked away, to the row of chairs a few seats in front of us.

"Wait, she's your sister?"

"Um, yeah," Justin scratched his head and nodded. "She also told me something interesting."

"Really? What was that?" The waiter sat a Sprite in front of me and I thanked her, taking a sip.

"Sydney told me you were dating the quarterback as of about two weeks ago, and you are still dating him."

I choked on my Sprite and spent the next thirty seconds trying to digest the Sprite and Justin's words, also trying to clean up the Sprite that had come out of my nose. Justin waited patiently, expression unreadable.