HTR: Chp. 4~ Me as a Nun... Maybe

RECAP:

          “I’m Lucas. Who’s your hot friend and what’s she like?” he asked, getting straight to business.

          “Okay, Lucas. Mandy, my best friend who had completely normal temperature, is not very funny. The best way to win her over is to laugh at her incredibly lame jokes, and she hates being tickled.”

          There was an awkward silence as I tried to think of something to say. Anything, for that matter. Finally Lucas snorted, standing up. “I’m out. Call me when you get over your awkward moments.”

          He got up and winked at me. “See you, bye.”

          I slumped further down in my seat and greeted the next boy with a friendly, “sit down and shut up”. He didn’t say anything the whole fifteen minutes that Cyn allowed for each guy.

Chapter 4~ Forcing Nuns into Strapless Dresses

          Five hours later we were about halfway through the guys since a bunch showed up a lot later than the due time. Cyn still let them in because, quote, “they were smoking”. I had gone through five plastic baggies of fruit crisps, three packets of apple pie gum, six mini fruit smoothies, five energy drinks (wonder why they said danger on the back…) and nine pop-tarts. Needless to say, I was bored out of my mind and feeling slightly bloated. I felt the seat dip down right across from me.

          “Sit right there and don’t talk to me, I’m very bored right now,” I snapped without looking up from my game of angry birds. Hit the stupid pig, you stupid bird! Ugh, stupid game… Stupid word, stupid; stupid café, stupid phone, stupid Cyn for making me come here, stupid boys for checking Cyn out and coming over here… A very male chuckle almost vibrated my seat, and I glanced up and groaned. Kyle was here. This should be very fun.

          “Hey there, Chevy,” Kyle whispered in what was supposed to be an appealing, husky voice but turned out to be a hoarse, mucus-covered voice. Lovely.

          I grimaced. “Hey, Kyle. What’s up?”

          He grinned at me, oblivious to my distress. “I was thinking we should go out to this awesome new fancy restaurant next Thursday that my dad owns. What do you say, sweetie?” His breath fanned across my face, and I was disgusted by the horrible stench, and to top it off, I saw taffy stuck up all in his teeth.

          “Yeah, well…” I mumbled, backing my butt up to the plushy crack in the booth, scooting away from him as discreetly as I could.

          He frowned at me as if in disapproval. “What’s the matter, my fluffy kitten?”

          I swallowed hard. “Really, that’s your nickname for me? How… sweet.”

          Kyle grinned, obviously proud of himself. “Well, yeah.” Suddenly I went very lightheaded and toppled over a little, bringing up a hand that felt like it weighed a thousand pounds up to my head. “Ugh…” I murmured, feeling my breathing grow shallower.

          I dimly heard Kyle babbling about something or another, completely missing the fact that his girlfriend was about to faint. I guess I shouldn’t have inhaled that much food and those very many energy drinks so fast. My world spiraled down into black nothingness.

          “I think she’s awake now,” a voice sounded in a whisper-shout right next to my ear.

          A smirk sounded in the next person’s voice and I knew right away that the first voice was Mandy and the next was Cynthia.